Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Almost an hour on hold to 151 now! Their 'contactus' page is still failing to load, but oddly I got through on a chat via my shopping basket on their site - sadly the guy couldn't help, and has just transferred me to the "upgrades" team - I went from number 4 in his queue to 115 in the new one! I guess there are a lot of people looking to hoover up this Pixel 6 deal, or whatever other Black Friday guff is out there.

This us like queuing for a PS5 months ago lol

Soldato
Got one! What a pain in the *** though.

Managed to get a chat window going, and made it through to someone after 20+ minutes waiting, sadly, they could only offer the deals I could get via the website - the best there was Pixel 6 for £369 with a max of £259 upfront, then the cheapest 12 month contract was £23, or £30 with their 'Entertainment' deals (had Spotify via this last time). I tried the old "but the reptations team have previously offered better deals", but after they said they would try - I got disconnected and booted back into the queue at number 153!!

I decided to just go ahead and buy via the website - some posts on HUKD suggest that if you do it this way, you can call and pay off the outstanding balance of the phone, and also cancel the airtime contract, providing you haven't activated it... might do that, then see if I can simply extend my current SIM only deal, or just go elsewhere for that.

I better trawl this thread and look at cases etc, and probably have to order a dampener to fit on my motorcycle mount, as I suspect the Pixel might get damaged otherwise!

Soldato
Just got one from a store. Absolutely no hassle.
Tempted to sell my 6 Pro and get a normal six bank the change. Plus I still got the headphones to come.

Associate
Mine actually arrived on a Saturday .... I still got them even though I have asked them to take them back .... sounds like the partner company who is doing the promotion doesn't want to know.

Soldato
Could you buy it sim free?

No, some managed but I had to get a sim only with it too, slight hassle I guess but I just called and cancelled it after, it's not tied to the phone, two separate transactions which leads me to believe these stores are just pulling a fast one when they say you must buy a sim. If I wasn't existing customer I wouldn't have bothered probably.

Soldato
No, some managed but I had to get a sim only with it too, slight hassle I guess but I just called and cancelled it after, it's not tied to the phone, two separate transactions which leads me to believe these stores are just pulling a fast one when they say you must buy a sim. If I wasn't existing customer I wouldn't have bothered probably.

Thanks for the info. Might nip to my local Voda shop to see if they are doing the deal.

Back
Top Bottom