• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

meanwhile in China...

Soldato
This is a good thing even if it's China only. If they perform well and compete aggressively price wise it would hopefully mean more Nvidia/AMD/Intel GPUs allocated to the rest of the world. And seeing how it's based on PowerVR it shouldn't perform too bad... as long as the drivers are stable...

One thing not mentioned however is who's making the silicon. If it's TSMC or Samsung both are stuck in heavy demand and won't do much to help with the silicon shortage. And planning on 5nm for the next gen, as far as I'm aware I don't think any chinese foundry is developing it yet?

Soldato
Nice news, we are in desperate need for cheaper entry level GPUs especially with 10bit/12bit support (Full HDR colours), Full RGB and 120hertz, AMD, Nvidia and Intel are in a state of playing the waiting game which could go on for months at this point.

Reckon unofficially they find a loop hole and it ends up sellable to the masses.

Ebay! It's "Asian Import DVD"s all over again! Dodgy AF but all over the site with addresses that appear to be in the UK but actually shipping from somewhere in china.

Soldato
Just wondering if you checked the box as to where your Gigabyte 260 was made?
Indeed, they're all mostly assembled in china, the final process is anyway where they manufacture and fit the coolers to the pcb's and i think even the pcb's themselves are manufactured in china too. You'd only be worried about the software/driver side if it only works on proprietary programs. But like with everything else these days, i'm sure data is collected on you whether you agreed with it or not.

Soldato
Its the new version of the GTX 1060's and 960s that flooded ebay with the exact same cooler but ended up being GT 450's or worse. I know I've got one (bought it for a fiver off some poor sole that cost him £130 !)
You just wouldnt call it Fantasy though would you.
Maybe it means something slightly different in China.

Back
Top Bottom