Feek's broken arm thread (now with plate, pins and screws x-ray, staples/wound and tongue surgery)

Soldato
Times a great healer. Have injuries that have been very debilitating and persisted for years. But after 10yrs+ mostly gone or only notice them now and then. They aren't gone, just fade into the background noise of aches and pains.

To the point when getting treatment for new injuries, I've actually forgotten to mention to the physio or doc of the old one. They generally notice something and it comes up.

Hopefully that will be true of yours.

Soldato
Tongue as well, seriously? Jesus. I think you need injury insurance it'd be a money spinner! As for the arm yes anything like that does take a long time to full mobility/free of pain when I busted my hand/thumb as a kid it took years before it felt like anything close to normality still twinges if I stretch it too far. Good luck.

Commissario
OP
I like this a lot :)
I think it's important to remember things that have happened but equally important not to dwell too much on the past. I know that may seem odd as I've just bumped a thread about something that happened a couple of years ago but as well as anything else, it's a useful way for me just to track progress.

Hopefully that will be true of yours.
I hope so too, thanks.
Tongue as well, seriously? Jesus. I think you need injury insurance it'd be a money spinner! As for the arm yes anything like that does take a long time to full mobility/free of pain when I busted my hand/thumb as a kid it took years before it felt like anything close to normality still twinges if I stretch it too far. Good luck.
Hah, I don't think anyone would give me injury insurance now :D

Regarding mobility, I know I'm never going to get it back fully because of how the bones were broken and plated back together but I've got a lot more than was originally predicted so that's positive.

Man of Honour
I broke my leg quite a few years ago. It took over two years to feel anything like normal again. So there is still some hope you may see some further improvement.

Soldato
@Feek As someone who has suffered major trauma to a limb with very little chance of further improvement, I'm genuinely sorry to hear your still having such issues. I get your frustration completely.

Did you have nerve damage as well? That's been one of the hardest things for me personally. On the one hand my lower leg causes me nothing but pain, in the bone and deep tissue etc. To the touch however everything above my ankle to my knee, except right at the back feels like a chunk of dead meat. I feel physically ill every time its touched or knocked.

Anyway, I genuinely hope you continue to see further improvement no matter how small moving forward.

Commissario
OP
Did you have nerve damage as well?
That's a really good question. The doctors say no but the fact that my right thigh has been permanently numb with very little feeling since the fall makes me think otherwise. I've had the tests where they stick a needle in and check for reactions but they still say there's no damage.

Anyway, I genuinely hope you continue to see further improvement no matter how small moving forward.

Soldato
That certainly sounds like nerve damage it may recover it may not it depends on whether the two cut ends can grow back and connect with each other I was told. I've still got no feeling in lower abdomen after a hernia op (was one of the old school cut 'em open and stitch 'em up rather than the keyhole surgery they do nowadays)

Soldato
Feek - just read the thread from the beginning - that's quite a journey.

Got given a large woods navy rum as am 18th birthday present by the local landlord many years ago - still love it today ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom