• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I'd love to see Sony take on Game Pass as great for us as consumers but like others I can't see them taking a hit and using it as a loss leader.

I'd be keen to know how many people sub to GP through the upgrade path from Gold, as I probably wouldn't pay full price for GP personally. It's only the "hack" that makes it a no brainer and I can't see Sony copying that.

Soldato
I'd love to see Sony take on Game Pass as great for us as consumers but like others I can't see them taking a hit and using it as a loss leader.

I'd be keen to know how many people sub to GP through the upgrade path from Gold, as I probably wouldn't pay full price for GP personally. It's only the "hack" that makes it a no brainer and I can't see Sony copying that.

That's always been my mentality. Happy as it cost me £2.18 a month for 3 years but no way I'd be paying anywhere near full price for it. For the same reasons I'd be unlikely to subscribe to any new service from Sony either. I'm currently playing one game at a time and that's working for me a lot better.

Last edited:
Soldato
This is my approach. Any time I join a subscription service I end up losing focus and downloading too many games that I end up dropping after a short period of time.

100% but a lot of people can't see past a really basic "more is better" to consume point of view. Does it really matter if 20 games a month are added if you aren't actually interested in any of them? That said, I've made a few discoveries through GP I wouldn't haven't bought until they were on offer probably. Then again, for the price of a proper month sub I could have bought most of them as they were indies.

Associate
I finally got my PSVR camera adapter so downloaded a few games to try and dug out the headset again. The soft pads are beginning to flake a bit, like my Gold headset earpads.

Got it all set up again after a few issues with the HDMI cable and fired up Walking Dead S&S to have a look at. No joy from the Move controllers, I thought that's it batteries are shot after too long sat unused.

Completely forgot I need to pair them to the PS5 with the old micro USB cable too :cry:. Got too late to try by the time I realised what a muppet I was. Hopefully get to try it out tomorrow. I am curious to see if SW Squadrons looks more detailed, it was supposed to be benefit from running on a Pro but not sure if it it gets a boost.

Soldato
One of my controllers analogue stick is moving left on its own! Only played 3 games in total but out of the warranty period!

Am I just unlucky or are these a bit more flimsy than usual?

Soldato
One of my controllers analogue stick is moving left on its own! Only played 3 games in total but out of the warranty period!

Am I just unlucky or are these a bit more flimsy than usual?
Mine has started doing it on and off. A full restart seems to fix it. I use rest mode 100% so maybe it’s just recalibrating or resetting it with a restart.

Soldato
Guys I got a heavily discounted 980 Pro on black friday deals, without the heatsick.

There is a chance I might put it in my PS5, any suggested affordable 3rd party heatsinks?

Soldato
QIVYNSRY M.2 Heatsink from the usual place. Make sure the firmware is updated on that drive as I've read you need the latest for best performance on a PS5.

Last edited:
Associate
I just discovered a cool looking rogue like arpg that is coming to playstation on full release (xbox and pc players are already playing early access). It's called Anvil Vault Breakers there are some YouTube reviews that seem positive.

Soldato
Those that have not played Uncharted 4 or the stand alone DLC Lost Legacy. It might be worth picking up a copy of Uncharted 4 from CEX while it's only £5 and upgrade it to the collection (PS5 versions of UC4+LL) for £10. You also get a free cinema ticket to see the film next year.

Caporegime
Those that have not played Uncharted 4 or the stand alone DLC Lost Legacy. It might be worth picking up a copy of Uncharted 4 from CEX while it's only £5 and upgrade it to the collection (PS5 versions of UC4+LL) for £10. You also get a free cinema ticket to see the film next year.

Can you upgrade the PS4 Uncharted 1-3 to the PS5 collection?

Associate

If I buy a copy of uc4 for PS4 how do you upgrade it to the ps5 version ? Also do you need a copy of lost legacy for PS4 as well or do they come as a bundle ?

edit: I can see you need both games separately so by the time you’ve bought two and upgraded each wouldn’t it be simpler to buy the remastered edition for £39?

Soldato
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/1...-collection-details-on-the-remastered-bundle/

Players who purchased Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, or Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End & Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Digital Bundle have the option to pay $10/€10 to upgrade to Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Digital Version. The upgrade will be available starting at launch on January 28, 2022.

Owners of PS4 disc copies must insert them into the PS5 every time they want to download or play the PS5 digital versions.

It's a single upgrade if you own either of them on disc.

Soldato
If I buy a copy of uc4 for PS4 how do you upgrade it to the ps5 version ? Also do you need a copy of lost legacy for PS4 as well or do they come as a bundle ?

edit: I can see you need both games separately so by the time you’ve bought two and upgraded each wouldn’t it be simpler to buy the remastered edition for £39?
You only need either UC4 or LL to upgrade to the collection.

Associate
Cheers I’ll grab a copy off the bay loved these games will look forward to playing on ps5 but spec says 4K is only 30fps so what was PS4 pro specs for this game I thought that was 4K 30fps to ?

Back
Top Bottom