Hermes stolen my parcell?

Soldato
Hi all,

made the mistake of buying something from ebay and the seller made the mistake of sending it by hermes.

the tracking is just an absolute mess. It seems the delivery driver was unable to find the (easily locatable high street parcel shop) location and the tracking hasn't changed since.

euKl5yV.png

However the ebay tracking just keeps saying “claims code issued”

cuYX7DT.png

now ive been on to the seller, he has updated the address that they claim they couldn't find to the post office on the same high street

but as this has dragged on for so long now and im almost convinced by reputation alone that hermes have stolen the item, i raised a item not recieved case with ebay but they have told me i have to wait till the 14th of dec and put the case on hold.

My question is has anyone has the “claims code issued” nonsense on the tracking before? Googling has got me no where as every post seems to have a different answer.

Soldato
I had this last week with Hermes, think they are getting hammered right now with parcels and can’t keep up. Mine did similar to yours with the claim thing then said was delivered at 11pm when it was not. It eventually turned up a few days later.

Associate
They've cocked up one of my amazon deliveries as well. Amazon handed it off to them on Monday this week. Hermes tracking said they were still awaiting the parcel, up until this morning. Got a notification that the delivery address had been changed by the recipient...(eh?!) so I checked their portal, they now apparently have the package, and the delivery address is as it should be...:rolleyes:

So much for Prime next-day delivery.

Soldato
Weirdly I never had problem with Hermes and most stuff I buy from ebay comes via Hermes, on the other hand I had many many problems with DPD.
Maybe because the delivery guy from Hermes is the same guy for the past few years, while DPD always change drivers.

Now prime is the worst, so many times they just leave the parcels at my door and mark as handled to a resident, even when there is no one home.

Soldato
had exactly what the OP had it was 2 & half weeks late so emailed the company ibought from & said still havent got it PLease send me another by RM & create a dispute with hermes as they are dipsticks.

The company did the next day hermes delivered my parcel now i have 2 of item i wanted :D

I heard from bunch of Old hermes drivers that hermes hired a bunch odf 3rd party drivers & since then loads of stuff has gone wrong.

Hermes used to be crap for me then our about a year ag,o we had a great Hermes delivery drive start who i often chat with at the door & he finds us!. It seems their in now a new guy who can never find me or wont deliver. the item above was delivered by my lovely guy :)

Soldato
It's all really down to your local drivers, never had a problem with them or Yodel funnily enough but never anything but hassle with DHL here, including current package which I'm not sure I'll even see. Just usual lies that they've been to the property when they haven't, when called them out on it and just asked to deliver to local service point it just falls through the tracking oblivion and no option to collect from depot.

Soldato
just as an aside, to prevent exhuming the royal-mail-sucks thread, i had a second signed-for item arrive last week that was just put through the box, no attempt to even get my sig.

Man of Honour
All delivery services are going to be getting hammered at the minute to the point where anything turning up within a couple of weeks of being posted is probably going to be seen as a win.

Soldato
I have been waiting 5 days for packing peanuts to arrive from dpd, tracking saying parcel hasn’t even been picked even though seller says it had on 1st day. Desperately needed so drove 40mins today to grab some from another eBay store that did collection and when I got back low and behold the other had been delivered. Just my luck !!

Soldato
All delivery services are going to be getting hammered at the minute to the point where anything turning up within a couple of weeks of being posted is probably going to be seen as a win.

General lateness is fine, my package from DHL is just going through a series of lies though, the one thing that really gets under my bonnet is where my driver apparently been to my property when clearly no one attended.

Which should not have mattered anyway since I specifically requested to leave it in a safe place and my property is as easy as they come for delivering. Then I called their bluff and asked for a delivery to a service point, never even left the depot because clearly it didn't before and now it's just it a nether region where I can expect delivery yesterday before end of day with no actual updates. Obviously no option to collect from depot which I would have selected to begin with knowing their reputation in UK.

You can only get in touch via live chat which is permantly too busy and this was a time sensitive package and not having it is losing me money at this point. Also not a one off with DHL, I've no idea what operation they run here because never actually had an issue with any other delivery company, I genuinely never would have even ordered from the retailer had I known they use them.

Caporegime
Hermes put my package in a "secure location"... My bin.

Luckily it wasn't something that could have been damaged by water as it was soaking wet. :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Still no movement on my parcell

have given up any hope of it arriving now and will just wait for my refund.

hermes are a disgrace, uncontactable + useless

Soldato
If it shows as "delivered" then eBay will accept that as proof of delivery -

Its why I won't knowingly use Hermes for eBay or for anything else if I get the choice. I've had exactly the same thing happen for Amazon they took me at my word and sent another via a better courier - but they aren't obliged to

Associate
Amazon updated my parcel as "out for delivery" yesterday.

Hermes:
Status
Update on your parcel
We’ve not been able to deliver this parcel today as the business was closed. We'll update your tracking when it's on the way

Say what now?

Back
Top Bottom