Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Love that you got called blind there, when the clue was in the sentence where you're insulted. "Max barely made the corner", so... He did make the corner. :D
That was a solid move yesterday.

Biased much... Verstappen was bang on the white lines, barely able to stop himself (i.e. had no intention of turning in for the apex) and didn't leave a car's wide for Lewis to take the corner without running off. It's like you've watched a different race, or as I said both of you are blind / pretending that you are unable to comprehend what was obvious to anyone impartial.

Soldato
No need to clamber for excuses. This isnt about any sort of difference of opinion or excuse. It's about the race director literally making up incredibly biased rules off the top of his head.

This is what is so bizarre and incredibly infuriating about the whole situation; Max's fans will never admit that it was a rule-breaking decision that gifted him the win, despite being one of the most obvious mistakes in the history of the sport.

Soldato
Impartial? Ha!

So you're accepting that he didn't leave enough room and that he did not intend / could not because he was desperately lunging to turn into the corner? Pretend all you like, there's no other way to interpret the footage so it's extremely odd to claim otherwise.

Anyway, it had no bearing on the race because Ham was leaving him in his dust for 50 odd laps.

Soldato
Maybe next year we can let Lewis start 1 lap earlier, so we don't need to worry about him being overtaken.

Maybe next year we can let Verstappen be punished for pushing other drivers off track so they don’t have to worry about him overtaking.

See I can do this too.

Or how about an actual maybe next year the FIA apply their own rules consistency so we have a fair competition that doesn’t leave the championship open to appeal and as such to be decided by the courts.

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I will eat my own balls if the decision is overturned in court.

I can’t deny max deserves the title this year with his consistency and number of poles/wins, but to win it like that? The FIA screwed both drivers.

Lewis was screwed out of the title after doing what he needed on the day and Max’s title is now in disrepute. Neither driver wins.

Well done Masi you massive plonker.

Soldato
Love that you got called blind there, when the clue was in the sentence where you're insulted. "Max barely made the corner", so... He did make the corner. :D
That was a solid move yesterday.

I think next time he tries it he will meet an immovable object. If you start to push people off the track, and allowed to do so, people will push back.

Soldato
I could see mercedes throwing a hissy fit and pulling out of F1 completely, engines and all.

It's not like F1 is actually innovating anything for the future. Hell all new cars from 2030 need to be electric, why waste limited r&d money on developing ICE systems and aero that would never work on the road

Could see mercedes move to endurance or do a VAG and pull out of Motorsport entirely

That was my first thought as well. I thought Hamilton was a little cagey in his reply about next year.

Soldato
I will eat my own balls if the decision is overturned in court.

I can’t deny max deserves the title this year with his consistency and number of poles/wins, but to win it like that? The FIA screwed both drivers.

Lewis was screwed out of the title after doing what he needed on the day and Max’s title is now in disrepute. Neither driver wins.

Well done Masi you massive plonker.

Quoted so you have to eat your balls and sums things up perfectly IMO.

Soldato
In other news: Bottas was told to switch to chassis default 77 on the inlap.

When he did it flashed a “thank you” in Finnish on his dash :cool: Nice touch.

Nice, Bottas has had to deal with far more ***** than he deserves.

Biased much... Verstappen was bang on the white lines, barely able to stop himself (i.e. had no intention of turning in for the apex) and didn't leave a car's wide for Lewis to take the corner without running off. It's like you've watched a different race, or as I said both of you are blind / pretending that you are unable to comprehend what was obvious to anyone impartial.

Lewis was forced off the track with that move, there was no where for him to go other than where he did. Anyone trying to justify it really shows how ignorant they are. If this was a street track or somewhere with no run off max wouldn't have made the move otherwise he'd have caused a collision and probably thrown out of the championship.

Associate
I've not posted in the F1 thread before and I'm far from a Lewis fan, but that was utter crap... what a terrible way end and decide the season... a bad day for F1.
First, stick to the rules!
Second, they need remove giving advantage to cars behind by allowing pit stops under safety (virtual or actual).

Soldato
Love all the lewis fans crying :D He might be a good driver but can't stand him. Accept he won, that's it, he overtook on the last lap. lewis fans expected him to win, when he never dummy where spat out. I only watch F1 when theres a race like this, otherwise its boring, i'd rather watch **** in the sun get a crust on it.

All teams should have the same budget, all cars should be the same, then we'd see who the best drivers are. It's about money and nothing more. Why do you think the poorest teams don't win.

A lot of sport is the same. Did you just realise this or something?

Soldato
I genuinely don't really mind who won.

What irritates (apparently alluding to urination means ******) me off is the feeling that it was fixed. Letting only certain cars unlap just stinks.

F1 had been making a joke of itself for years. DRS for starters, it's just Mario carts. Ohhh, he's 1.001 seconds behind, no speed boost for him.

Like most sport, the more money is involved the more the sport suffers.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

A race should be about the best driver, not who has the best car. How is that fair? Put lewis in one of the lower teams cars and see where he comes........nowhere.
You can say that about any driver. What a poor argument.

Stat: he’s won a race in every season he’s competed in. That includes the gash year when he joined Merc and the mclaren years when they built some less-than-great cars.

Equally, you could say he beat Verstappen today until Max was put behind him on the track with 40 lap younger tyres aka the better car.

This result is daylight robbery and one that the FIA must be sweating about. If not the FIA then Masi must be bricking it about now… he will be out after the dust settles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom