• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
The free ps5 upgrade is still showing as unavailable at the moment hopefully Sony will sort this out today.

I'm happy with the January sale as both borderlands 3 season passes had 30% off so I grabbed them both for £30. I also grabbed Nex Machina for £3.99 I just couldn't say no at that price.

I have about £50 in my psn wallet but I think I will wait now and use it later in the year. I have horizon and elden ring pre ordered which will keep me busy until at least August by which time big hitters like Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, GT7 and Dying Light 2 should start to be reduced.

Soldato
The free ps5 upgrade is still showing as unavailable at the moment hopefully Sony will sort this out today.

I'm happy with the January sale as both borderlands 3 season passes had 30% off so I grabbed them both for £30. I also grabbed Nex Machina for £3.99 I just couldn't say no at that price.

I have about £50 in my psn wallet but I think I will wait now and use it later in the year. I have horizon and elden ring pre ordered which will keep me busy until at least August by which time big hitters like Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, GT7 and Dying Light 2 should start to be reduced.

Good spot on Nex Machina. Missed that when I checked earlier. Picked it up as well.

Soldato
Oh jeez, first thing I'd do then is take a look at the PS4 exclusives (there are still a decent number), look at potentially signing up to PSN Plus as they potentially still give away the PS4 collection (~20 PS4 games); and also consider an external SSD for the PS4 games as you can eat up the built in SSD fairly quick. Honestly, Sony's upgrade policy is nothing like that of Microsofts; however virtually all games run as though the machine is a PS4 Pro or better; even if they don't have a PS5 upgrade patch, so if you've not had a PS4 at all, there are some great games for you to play there alone. Might as well start there also, as then upcoming PS5 games will be all the more technically impressive.

I've also picked up a lot of PS4 games in recent months; as the move towards PS5 means a lot of PS4 games are now getting relatively cheap. This is worth bearing in mind because SOME PS4 games essentially allow you to download an upgraded PS5 copy. You still need to put the disc in to validate you own it, but basically does mean you can buy the cheaper PS4 copy, and still play the enhanced PS5 game. This upgrade scheme is more present on disc versions of PS4 games than download so bear that in mind.

If you like Spiderman, then Miles Morales (get Ultimate Edition, it costs more but comes with a code for the Remaster of the previous Spiderman game which is a PS4/5 exclusive, and also a bigger, longer game than MM, so definately worth the extra £15 or so).

Soldato
Anyone running a wireless keyboard and mouse combo with their PS5 and if so what products?

Seems like compatibility is a little hit and miss.

Not interested in XIM type products. Just want to be able to play from the comfort of my sofa in crossplay lobbies with PC friends on COD mainly.

Razer Turret looks like a good option but the cost is lol.com.

Soldato
The Turkish psn prices are still cheaper than the UK sale it's crazy. Not on all but I always check there first.

Not really crazy due to the current Turkish economic crisis, same with EGS prices from there.

Just bagged myself a PS5 disc, pretty excited to try the exclusives like Ghost and TLOU.

Any must do's or must gets? Not had a PS since the PS3.

Miles Morales ultimate edition is a good shout as you get the PS5 version of Spider-man included.

Last edited:
Soldato
So now the PS5 is staying in stock more than 15 seconds at a few places, it has reignited my interest a bit.

I have an Ikea TV stand with a 10cm tall space to fit things like consoles and when I was reading up again on the size of the PS5, it would seem in the horizontal position, it's 11cm tall? Is that right? Irritating if so :p

Associate
Managed to order a PS5 disc version from game, not sure if I glitched the checkout or not. Initially it wasn’t allowing me to order it, said out of stock but refreshing the page and after tapping pre-order before the page loaded allowed me to add to the cart and checkout.

Technically this will be my 2nd PS5, the first I handed over to a work colleague who was desperate for one and having no luck ordering. Can’t really see any games that interest me at the moment until Horizon Zero Dawn sequel arrives, but I will pickup a couple of 4K BluRays. Perhaps also time to order that 65” OLED I’ve been holding off on.

Back
Top Bottom