Hawkeye TV show

Soldato
I had seriously low expectations for this, Hawkeye has always been my least favourite in the MCU, well after Brie Larson actually. But this turned out to be really great, Kate Bishop was awesome, Renner was genuinely good in this, Florence Pugh is insane and steals every scene shes in (same as in Black Widow), for me this was the best marvel series.

The lowish wokeness helped as well, maybe disney has realised their fanbase arent interested in it.

Exactly this. Hawkeye was one of my least favourite characters, but this series was very good.

Usually I dislike the forced teenage partner - they always make stupid mistakes and have to be saved, but Kate Bishop was excellent and I wanted to see more of her - the actress playing her did a great job.

Great series, really enjoyed it.

Dear God, that full musical song end credit though - lol.

Soldato
Wasn't going to watch this, Hawkeye is one of the worst superheroes, but with decent reviews comes quick TV binges. Overall it felt too Disney for me and 'my mother's name is martha' ending...Better than I expected but still far from great, it's a solid 5/10.

Soldato
Dear God, that full musical song end credit though - lol.

I was expecting it to cut to Yelena enjoying the show after having the conversation with Kate about touristy things do.

It obviously didn’t but I don’t remember seeing any sort of easter egg in it and couldn’t being myself to watch it a second time.

Soldato
Finished this last night. Thought it was brilliant.

You have to watch all the other shows and movies to get the little extras imho.

Amazing how they all intertwine.

Soldato
I watched this over the last 3 days and I have to say out of all of the mini series. This was the best one.

It was still lacking in some areas but I would give it a solid seven out of 10.

Soldato
OP
Watched this over the Xmas break and for a Marvel TV show it was one of the better ones, getting bit much with having to keep up on the TV shows for things that'll no doubt come up in films soon.

Soldato
Yeah, shame they didn't do an episode from his point of view.
This is the kind of stuff the MCU needs like the GotG2 opening scene. Even 5 mins from the dog perspective whilst a chase or fight took place would have been great.

Anyway who was the random extra Avenger in the musical? Anything deeper to their inclusion?

Caporegime
This is the kind of stuff the MCU needs like the GotG2 opening scene. Even 5 mins from the dog perspective whilst a chase or fight took place would have been great.

Anyway who was the random extra Avenger in the musical? Anything deeper to their inclusion?

Ant Man, I think. I'm sure in the 1st episode Hawkeye mentioned that any Man wasn't even at the battle of NY, poking fun at the inaccuracy of the musical. I don't think anything is to read into that, unless I'm mistaken.

rp2000

Soldato
Ant Man, I think. I'm sure in the 1st episode Hawkeye mentioned that any Man wasn't even at the battle of NY, poking fun at the inaccuracy of the musical. I don't think anything is to read into that, unless I'm mistaken.
Thanks, I missed the Ant Man bit. Hence that's why I wondered if there was more to it like a multiverse thing.

Permabanned
Just couldn't get on with it at all. Thought the quality of the writing was quite poor and didn't feel anything of much consequence was happening throughout.

Soldato
Just couldn't get on with it at all. Thought the quality of the writing was quite poor and didn't feel anything of much consequence was happening throughout.

Oh sweet baby jesus, don't complain about the "soon to be multi-award winning writing" in here, people in here will rip you apart over even the slightest critism of any slightly wonkey writing as I unfortunately found out.

Hell I imagine just posting the screen rant video would cause some of the people in here to have palpatations :D

Permabanned
Oh sweet baby jesus, don't complain about the "soon to be multi-award winning writing" in here, people in here will rip you apart over even the slightest critism of any slightly wonkey writing as I unfortunately found out.

Hell I imagine just posting the screen rant video would cause some of the people in here to have palpatations :D

Didn't have an issue with the 'wokey' themes if that's what you meant, just thought in general the pacing off and there wasn't much intrigue in general.

Back
Top Bottom