It’s over

Caporegime
Whos forcing anything?
probably peoples partners cos they would rather be gaming than out drinking or whatever.
lets face it going out to celebrate new years eve if your over 30 isn't that big of a deal and it's a crap night to go out on anyway.

you probably don't want to be at a friends house either

Soldato
All gone

I have just binned xmas tree and Mrs DXP has binned all the 4 cards - Good vac round and tidy up - will be in bed by 10.30 tonight - I have nothing to celebrate new year for as it's bringing me closer to 78 - Who would have thought you would be older than your dad -He went at 60.
Binned half boxes of Cad roses and other chocs - even wife can't eat it now - 50 yrs ago she could polish off a half pound bar of dairy milk.

I do hope though that I will see xmas for the next 17 years. - I need that 17 yrs then I get back in pension what I put in over 39 yrs as Ni contributions.

Soldato
what the hell man, you don't have neighbours or workmates who would polish them off?
Most of my workmates died years ago - There is only 2 of us left.

Cadburys choc doesnt taste same as it used to. Well most choc doesn't - I think it's down to cutting back on additives -colouring and flavouring and salt I even throw a heaped spoon full of sugar into a small tin of baked beans as they are so bitter.

Tea Drinker
Don
It’s not over, now starts the drum up for new year new me, valentines, Easter, holidays, sofas, birthdays etc etc to drain you of cash till about August then the Christmas words start slowly being edged back in.

Eventually it’ll end

Soldato
far cry from 10 to 20 years ago when I would go out, struggle to get in, struggle to get served, struggle to get home and always have a disappointing night

Bingo'ed that one mate, it brought a smile. As we gradually learned that over the years we retreated to the village for a better night of it.

Man of Honour
I'll be taking the tree down tomorrow. The only reason I haven't yet is that I've been working and there seems little point to do it New Years Eve. The cat also seems to like it. I'll also be staying in tonight. Long gone are my younger years of being prepared to pay through the nose to have a crap evening. I can stay at homne and be ignored by the wife for free instead.

Soldato
ah, a good ole easyrider late night drunken post. not seen one of these in a while :p

i'm lucky, feeling awkward or silly is not something i've given much thought to since adulthood. but i'd certainly not be getting forced into any sort of celebrations if i didn't want to. i've not done the pub/club scene for NYE in years - overpriced clubs, over crowded, no taxis home. sod that........that malarkey is ok when you're 21 and trying to get your end away!

Soldato
A far cry from 10 to 20 years ago when I would go out, struggle to get in, struggle to get served, struggle to get home and always have a disappointing night
Aye man, the whole nye thing has long lost its appeal. The whole struggling to find a venue, and have a good time has long gone, for me anyways. I’m at home with a few drinks, and couldn’t be happier. I’d always dread the end of the night. Hoping for a quick taxi as I’m freezing my nards off. :p

Back
Top Bottom