Does your other half appreciate your DIY efforts?

Caporegime
OP
I am not allowed to do the washing anymore as apparently putting everything in the washing machine at 30c quick wash is not good enough.
Well I'd agree with that! I've tried to ban quick wash cycles from both washing machine and dishwasher as everything comes out less clean and you have to put some stuff back through anyway, though I am a bit OCD about cleanliness.

Soldato
Not criticized for mine, but maybe it's taken a little for granted that I do most jobs pretty well and we don't have to keep forking out for tradesmen :)
We listed ours recently and the estate agent commented how great everything is. The praise was definitely shared 50/50, unlike the jobs themselves :cry:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Damn right! Things go stinky real quick at 30. Remember your GCSE science. You don't denature proteins until 40c plus. Anyone getting repetitive athletes foot wash your socks at 60c. 40c not enough for that.

60c oh my lord. Never had stinky clothes from it. Your not meant to wash synthetic sports kit at 60c buy some sports wash and sorted.

Associate
Mrs Icebear is generally happy with my efforts now she's gotten used to a 5 minute job taking significantly longer.

That doesn't read smutty :rolleyes: :o does it?

Soldato
Not in the slightest, whenever theres a job to do I usually get called “half job harry” coz the missus thinks you can fix a huge hole in the ceiling, with batons, filler and then paint it all within 12mins. Or rewire the kitchen in 30 mins…..

0 understanding

Associate
Not here.
I'll do something and feel pleased with myself if it's something I've not done before or something that's saved us a chunk of cash by not having to get a trades person in.
She doesn't give a poop.
I suppose it's the same if she does the vacuuming or washing, I don't say "thanks" or "well done."
Its just our accepted roles. She doesn't trust me to do the washing correctly so does that
and won't learn any DIY skills so I do that.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
IF-A-MAN-SAYS-HE-WILL-FIX-IT.jpg

Associate
Yippee - I thought my wife was one of a kind.

I haven't suffered alone.
yep that and why have you spent this money.....then you start to explain it all out and how much we.....have saved and half way through attention span goes .

Back
Top Bottom