*** The DIY Audio Thread ***

Soldato
I've decided I can do without one. I've got a perfectly fine DAC right here, and I'd just be spending money on something I don't need right now. As much as I'd love building it...

Good luck with the group buy.:)

Soldato
I'd like:

1x BantamDAC PCB
1x Full set of components for above including PCB mounting USB socket
1x BantamDAC cases

Thanks

Associate
*** Bntam DAC Group Buy ***

Okay guys, revised costs.

Full set of parts are £18.34 each
Cases: $5
PCBs: $2

Postage: Mouser delivery is free (order over £50), but we have a few choices for Beezar delivery. Normal (read cheap!) first class USPS delivery is $9.40, although a delivery time is not given. If people want things more quickly, the next option up is $27.25 (same with or without cases stragely...), which is USPS priority mail (6-10 days delivery). The next option up is $33.25 for 5 day express.

The first option equates to $2.35 each, and the latter $6.81 each (assuming 4 people). Personally im happy to pay cheap postage and wait. However, if people want fast postage, im happy to pay. I would also need a few £s to cover postage in the UK. I have no idea how much this will be, but assuming everyhting fits into a jiffy bag, £2 should be fine for first class recorded (plus a free joffy bag!).

Thanks everyone for your quick replies. I'll put in the original post a final deadline of Monday night for others to decide if they are interested. We can then get the ball rolling quickly. After then, i'll email you all (unfortunately this will probably be Tuesday evening/monday night due to very busy Tuesdays!) to sort out payment. Is everyone alright paying upfront? Im not really a paypal person, but i could set up a joint paypal account for people to put money into, although i have never done this before. I also think we have to pay the paypal fees for the beezar order, and i dont know how much this costs (3% i think??).

Group Buy Now Over

Last edited:
Associate
I would prefer a bank transfer/cash over counter, but could do paypal (i do have an account, just never use it!), or by cheque if peopel would prefer that. Up to you really, i dont mind at all.

Cheap delivery it is!

Associate
Do any of you DIY'ers know of a UK retailer that sells Belden 83803 cable by the meter? I don't really need a 40m reel of it, which seems to be all I can find.

Cheers

Dave

Soldato
OP
Mouser will use DHL once the parcel gets over onto UK shores and you will get charged the customs fees by them. Ordered my millett max bits from mouser as it was easier with the BOM listed and the exchange rate was better back then (around 2:1), but the DHL charges were about £25 on a £150+ order :(

Associate
Mmm... thanks -Ad-. Are you saying that once everything arrives, we will be hit by postage that we should have already paid for? How exactly does this get sorted out - do DHL present you with a bill?

I did think about customs, but was sort of hoping they wouldnt notice...! I must admit im swinging toward fronting all of the cash myself, then sorting out payments once everything is here - would make handling customs fees/any extra delivery much easier. Do you know if Digi-Key are the same with their delivery options? It works out to me more to use digikey because of minimum order quanitites, but if the postage is actually free, it may work out cheaper.

Btw - deadline for numbers is tonight to speed up the process a little. If anyone else is interested, let me know ASAP.

Last edited:
Associate
Mundu - i have sent you an email. Not too sure if you will read this or the email first, but could you drop me an email/post here ASAP and i'll get the perts ordered?

Cheers.

To all: window for group buy is now over. Thanks to all those who have made suggestions/helped out. It is much appreciated.

Associate
No i didnt... strange! Mayeb you could try sending another one to my account just to see if it is blocked for some reason? If so, i'll give you another address you can send emails to. I'll order the parts later today and keep everyone updated. I expect it will be two weeks or so before everything is here, but obviously i'll let you know otherwise.

Cheers

Associate
Group buy update: Everything has been shipped as of today. Mouser sent everything on Thursday, and Tom dispatched the pcbs and cases today. The mouser order should be here within the week, but im not too sure on the PCBs and cases - hopefully soonish, but i doubt we will see them for a few weeks! If anyone wants the emails etc let me know, and i'll email/post here when everything turns up.

Back
Top Bottom