Where are all the folders?

Soldato
Hey,

I was thinking the same you know... I can remember when myself and ms9cw used to team together to get some high points.... long gone are those days.... I blame rising energy prices!

Stelly
Our of interest, has anyone ever made a wind/solar/nuclear:)D) powered computer yet? I imagine that would be a nice thing for folding, even if it was a low power Atom jobbie...

Soldato
Just FYI - I'm back after some time off for moving and getting things sorted out here.

I don't have the HP I used to have, but should be able to clear 25-30K PPD pretty easily.

By the way, where has Uncle Rich99million gone off too ? Not seen any posts from him in any of the recent threads.

Welcome back :)

Rich hasn't been active for a long time, though he's very busy work/moving atm as someone has checked up on him though (can't remember who).

Associate
Our of interest, has anyone ever made a wind/solar/nuclear:)D) powered computer yet? I imagine that would be a nice thing for folding, even if it was a low power Atom jobbie...

Well there was an article on tomshardware a while ago about building your own solar powered, low-power PC. Quite an interesting read.

Soldato
OP
If you can generate enough of your own electricity, you start getting money off the electric company! Probably not a lot, but I am tempted to build a turbine one day! :p

Soldato
if your lived in europe it's worth it - as a sustainable micropower producer you buy electric at 12p and sell it at 20p
In the UK you buy at 10-15p and sell at 2p - it's a scandel.

With an ups units a laptop can be run off solar with relative ease.
Cut out the AC and solar power makes sence - boats are good working examples.
small wind turbine and solar cell is enought to run the 12v lighting/kitchen/IT

Seen a few houses run off grid - but it's all 12v

Soldato
I looked into building a solar-powered folding machine once.

I quickly got over the idea when I worked out how many years it would take to offset the cost of the panel. :o

edit - plus it was a stupid idea in Manchester! haha

Soldato
Welcome back :)

Rich hasn't been active for a long time, though he's very busy work/moving atm as someone has checked up on him though (can't remember who).

I'm alive!!! :D

Been a busy few (and then some) months since I was last here - loads of changes in my life and been on a bit of a journey. On the plus side I've lost a couple of stone, moved into my own mini-house, and as of 6th April I should have a shiny new landline and will be getting ADSL arranged as soon as BT let me know what the number will be.

Not sure what sort of output I will bring as the move has pretty much crippled my bank account but I'm sure it won't take long for me to get the bug again and sell a kidney or something :p

Great to see there are still a rampant band here, also great job on the news mister scotland - keep up the good work and I'll concentrate on trying to get some numbers next to my name.

Good to be back - well nearly back anyway :cool:

Soldato
I was using 2 ps3's to fold but now down to 1. I dont mind turning over some pc time to folding if someone could tell me would it be a disaster in waiting to have the boinc running as well as folding home? Thanks all
buddhist-advice-on-anger2.jpg

Don

I have thought about it... my boss in work actually suggested me taking my folding machines into work, the server room and running them there, he seemed interested when I told him what I was doing...

Only myself and my boss has a key to the server room, but I'm still a little apprehensive!

Stelly

Back
Top Bottom