ThermalTake cases

Associate
I see that OcUK no-longer has any ThermalTake cases, does this mean that TT has declined somewhat amongst the case genre, and infact there is a better company generally considered to buy cases from?

What are you guys finding are the best cases/companies to be buying from instead?

Soldato
I think that Thermaltake cases tend to err on the cheap-build quality side, but aren't actually that cheap...

Also, the styling seems to be 'out' rather than the 'in' styling of the HAF (for the flashing light brigade) or the Lian Li/Fractal/Silverstone/Corsair style.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well the last range of TT cases were very well made, might just be that ocuk and TT cant agree on a price for new stock so a bit of a stand off, it does happen sometimes.

Associate
OP
Interesting comments on the build quality issues, so would you recommend staying away from TT slightly like the plague?

And we'll see if TT and OcUK come to an agreement or not... may change what my plans were for a build now.

I had initially intended to get a thermaltake element 'v' case, anyone got a say in this? Is this a good case quality/functionality wise? (suggest an upgrade? :p)

Thanks.

Soldato
I was mainly referring to the budget end cases (so the <£75 bracket), where you can seemingly do much better.

There are some neat ideas though. Like on one of the Element cases, the side panel fan connects through some contacts between the side panel and the case, so there's no cable to unplug. That is a great idea, that no other company has done yet...

Associate
OP
Cheapest element 'v' i've found so far sits in at £~104. I hadn't looked at the Spedo cases until now, those are some nice looking cases, and they certainly seem built to have some kick :eek:

I might need to look into cases a bit more before i decide on one ;)

Soldato
I had an Element V case and there was a few problems with it, though from reading around this seems to not be common problems. I have to say considering that the fans were big and low rpm it was still quite noisy.

From looking at (i think) element T and getting element V (it was cheap) I agree with Marvin above "I think that Thermaltake cases tend to err on the cheap-build quality side, but aren't actually that cheap"

Associate
OP
I see the element v has no dust filters either unless it dont bother you to keep cleaning out your case once a month

This is something i actually seriously need to consider.. as i'm sick of cleaning out my current case..however that is like 5 years old, and i don't think they had quite contemplated dust filters back then.

From these comments, i reckon i'm going to change the brand of my case, i'll just need to go back to the drawing board.

Which brand/company would you recommend as being a better quality case builder, taking most things into consideration such as filters/build quality/noise etc?

Associate
OP
Thanks Ace, i'm in a way, glad to hear this from you. That settles it then, if OcUK won't stock it due to these RMA issues.. i won't be buying a TT case.

Thanks again Ace.

Soldato
This is something i actually seriously need to consider.. as i'm sick of cleaning out my current case..however that is like 5 years old, and i don't think they had quite contemplated dust filters back then.

From these comments, i reckon i'm going to change the brand of my case, i'll just need to go back to the drawing board.

Which brand/company would you recommend as being a better quality case builder, taking most things into consideration such as filters/build quality/noise etc?

Thats the only thing that let this case down no dust filters otherwise not had any problems touch wood. I wonder what all the problems have been with these cases.

Associate

The first thing to consider is budget, after that you need to prioritise what you want from a case. When I replaced my last case the, yes I wanted it to have dust filters, have decent build quality, be reasonably quiet, etc, but I wanted a case with a lockable door with the power and reset buttons behind (my little girl likes pressing buttons) so I bought a Lian Li PC-71A.

Soldato
The first thing to consider is budget, after that you need to prioritise what you want from a case. When I replaced my last case the, yes I wanted it to have dust filters, have decent build quality, be reasonably quiet, etc, but I wanted a case with a lockable door with the power and reset buttons behind (my little girl likes pressing buttons) so I bought a Lian Li PC-71A.

I dont like the ones with doors on them as the door is always in the way so had to take the last one off my old case.

Permabanned
I own a Armor +MX case, I feel it is of extremely high quality, I have attempted to replace it with a antec 900 and a coolermaster scout and I feel the armor is better than these, it doesnt have the same level of airflow but I am not really a high performance user.

I did own a thermaltake soprano in the past, and I think the armor beats this quality wise, so it seems the company got their act together.

Dont know anything about their RMA service, I am just trying to get across that from a quality perspective, there is currently nothing wrong with thermaltake cases, that is something that was true with their older range, and has not carried through.

Soldato
Well their latest range of cases; the Element range were lacking a little in the quality department.

A couple of the really high end are decent quality; but they are very expensive generally and didn't really sell at all.

Back
Top Bottom