The **Now Drinking** Thread

Associate
Funny how many Organic beers I saw this week, all would have been 4 pointers as well!
There was one when I was looking.

Anyway I digress, Mcwans Champion

Associate
bourbon.jpg

good choice

Soldato
gindrink.jpg

Greenall's & Fever Tree Tonic.

It's good, a nice everyday gin and it's cheap! Had much better recently though, at a gin tasting:

Gimlet. 3 measures of Martin Miller's with a measure of Rose's Lime Cordial. Ice & lime slice. It's the first time I've had a gimlet and I'll be making them more often for sure!

Bombay Dry 40% - More familiar with Bombay Sapphire, but I'd say that the dry is a bit nicer. Bit more of a meatier drink. If I can find it, I'll be buying it. Makes a cracking G&T. Nothing too fancy, but good taste.

Bloom 40% - Meh. Too much citrus going on for this, and too floral. Not particularly unpleasant but nothing special. Wouldn't buy this.

Martin Miller's Westbourne Strength 45.2% - Much more like it! Very nice, with lots of bite and the strength appeals to me. Nicer than the standard Martin Millers, and one you should definitely look out for it and try it both straight and as a G&T if you can.

Warner Edwards Harrington Dry 44% - Pilau rice. Loads of cardamon in this gin, loads! It wasn't unpleasant, and I feel that the tonic helps reign it in a bit. Still unsure, I'll have to buy a bottle and sample some more I feel!

Seagram's 40% - Aged (2 weeks) in oak casks. This mellows it out a bit and makes it quite oily. Nice, and for the money it's a bargain. But perhaps the botanicals and spirit isn't that special.

Ciadelle Reserve 44% - Bloody hell. 6 months in Cognac casks, this is a great gin. Don't bother with the tonic, drink this straight or with a drop of water. Lovely, lovely stuff. It's a strange colour, but a beautiful taste and nose. Yummy!

Back
Top Bottom