Getting an Xbox one if I own a PS4.

Soldato
I'm actually considering it if they bring out a good Zelda game!

They have wind waker which is great if you have not played it on the game cube a new zelda was shown at E3. I don't own one myself but planning on getting one to sit beside my PS4

Associate
Yes, Halo did make Xbox - the original Xbox. There have been plenty of better games since then.

As for you having more time on Halo than I have on all my Xbox games...

1) I highly doubt that
2) Even if you have, it makes no difference to the validity of my statements
3) I've been playing games for over 30 years, so I've been playing games longer than you've been alive. Be careful who you try to pick arguments with.

I am not trying to pick one lol I just love halo
I have had xbox since the start have had xbox 1 since day 1 have only played on it for around a day or 2 max still waiting for Halo lol

Last edited:
Associate
Just to say i picked up a Xbone owning a PS4 and Wii U. Prefer Achievments over trophys, Forza over NFS. Titanfall is fun and the console is near silent while the PS4 sounds like a hoover after a good gaming session (second replacement console) .

I also like that MS seem more active over new features in firmware and also being behind in sales to Sony will try harder.

Sony having the dominant position seem to be chilling on the firmware front endless stability updates without any real features. I have added a bus powered USB 3.0 caddy with a Seagate SSHD 1TB to the xbone rear and have improve game loading and installs.

Im tempted to sell the PS4 as Fifa on both consoles is virtually the same , kept my Xbox version. Still have my PS3 and Vita so can take advantage of PSN +

Last edited:
Soldato
My mate folded and bought and xbox1 purely for Killer Instinct. It cost him over £600 by the time he'd got the console, gold, converter, joystick, game etc. Nutter... I'm jelly though.

Soldato
iv-tecman do you get 1p from Sony every time you tell others why not to buy a Xbox?

You must be getting rich by now?

Do you get 1p every time you post on here defending xbox? :p

Anyway I've owned a PS4 since launch and 3 of my mates are all about to buy XB1s and said I should get one too. Not going to though.

I don't really care about any xbox exclusives, don't want to pay 2 online subscriptions, already get better looking/performing multiplat games and also because of the XB1 box not being able to sit vertically i simply don't have the space for it either.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Judging by what OP said, I say if you have money burning a hole in your pocket then get a PC. You will get better graphics and enjoy much higher resolutions. Not be lucky when you get 1080p. Which these so called next gen consoles seem to struggle with.

Soldato
I've been offered an Xbox one with two controllers for my ps4...unsure on the swap. I rarely play my ps4 and I'm a big halo fan. I've completed the last of us twice and not bothered about Uncharted...

I should swap right...

Soldato
Can't decide whether to get one! I don't really care for the exclusives but I do like the little things the Xbox 360 had like quick access to the people you've met online to rejoin a server etc. I can't seem to do that on my PS4.

I love the controller more than the PlayStation but graphics are a deal breaker. If I did get one it would end up being my online console instead of my PS4! I not fussed about the multitasking but it seems handy.

Can't decide! What do you think?

If you have the spare cash, get one. As for graphics, don't let all the crap talk fool you. Games look really good on both consoles.

It's a good console and is improving all the time.

and I am telling you to get one because it's something you are thinking about. It's nice to have an option console wise. I had the PS3 and the xbox360 and I liked both. If I have the money in a year or so I will buy the PS4 to go along with the xboxone.

Soldato
Do you get 1p every time you post on here defending xbox? :p

Anyway I've owned a PS4 since launch and 3 of my mates are all about to buy XB1s and said I should get one too. Not going to though.

I don't really care about any xbox exclusives, don't want to pay 2 online subscriptions, already get better looking/performing multiplat games and also because of the XB1 box not being able to sit vertically i simply don't have the space for it either.

I ignore him most of the time. i've got a few work mates that have X1's and the way they defend them.. I enjoy my Ps4 and i've got friends on PSN anyhow. I just see X1 as a bit of a gamble by Microsoft that didn't really pay off and now they are just playing catch up to Sony.

The whole Kinect, TV thing was just pointless. Sony did right to ditch those from out the box and offer them if you want them although the Ps4 will never offer the sort of TV integration the X1 has, I think its better off for it.

Whilst MS were losing ground to Sony with the whole resolution gate, and MS u turning on pretty much most things, even Phil Harrison to his credit admitted they are behind - http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/0...d-5-million-xbox-one-units-sold-so-far/92506/
Sony has now started to also stagnate and Sony need to start looking at various issues - PSN for one.

Ok all pretty meaningless, but it shows that the whole gamble MS took didn't work from the start. It was a good day when MS dropped the kinect and went on to say they will look to capture core gamers again..

Like I say, I might grab an xbox one when they reduce the size as consoles have a history of being shrunk in size, it hits £199 and has that killer game I want..

Associate
Judging by what OP said, I say if you have money burning a hole in your pocket then get a PC. You will get better graphics and enjoy much higher resolutions. Not be lucky when you get 1080p. Which these so called next gen consoles seem to struggle with.

Oh for **** sake...take your PC comments to the PC section. Can you not read the ******* thread title?
This comment has been done to death...not everyone wants an f'n PC

Associate
I don't know why but I haven't been tempted to get a ps4 or a ONE. I do own a Wii U but its mostly a Netflix player although I do need to get Mario kart and give it a go :)

Advice to OP don't bother until a exclusive comes out that you like the look of

Soldato
Halo and Crackdown will get me buying an XB1 eventually. My main issue is I have a gaming PC and the overlap between PC and Xbox tends to be quite large. Bar the odd exclusive, everything else will be bought on the PC. It's probably why MS keep Halo console exclusive - there'd be next to no reason for me to get an XB1 otherwise!

Soldato
I got both at launch but the XB1 has been fired up a handful of times, the PS4 has seen a lot more action. Hopefully this will change when more/better games come out.

The only thing I really played was Ryse Son of Rome, none of the others interested me. I played DR3 but thought the graphics were terrible for a 'next gen' game. Ryse on the other hand looks pretty darn awesome.

Back
Top Bottom