Owners of both a PS4 & Xbox One: Which console do you find yourself playing more often?

Soldato
I think I've spent about two hours on my Xbox in the last few weeks when I tried the Dead Rising DLC. All of my other time has been spent on the PS4 & PS3. I'm not feeling the Xbox love just now but once some decent exclusives start coming out for it that'll change.

That's definitely a big deal, PS4 is getting new games every week (small indies mind), the XB1 one releases are unfortunately few and far between.

Associate
Definately goes PC > PS4 >>>>>>>>> XBO in terms of playtime for me.

Recently played and cleared COD Ghosts single player and Infamous Second son, and now just getting tucked into BF4 and Watchdogs on the PS4, having a great time with it.

As for the Xbox :mad:, it's basically a Forza box at the minute, and thats when the darn thing works. I've had nothing but trouble with Xbox live being down or other issues. The OS is a horrible laggy borderline unusable mess. It feels like the few times I go to use it it either doesn't work or I spend the evening downloading patches. I can't even get simple things like voice chat to work 50% of the time. I guess I'm just really not feeling the XboxOne at the minute and I bought 2 of the things :( Still, roll on Forza Horizon 2 :D

Soldato
I generally use my Xbone more than the PS4. Mainly because i have madden for Xbox, that's the only game i can tolerate at the mo. If i had it on Ps4, i would play ps4 more.

Associate
I too am in the market possibly this weekend for moving to next gen, I was thinking of going from the 360 to the xbone. Problem is there's just so much flack over the One, it feels like I'd be making the wrong choice buying one what with games being inferior to their PS4 counterparts and people saying the PS4 will pull away performance wise, the future seems bleak. Even Microsoft don't seem very sure of the console.

I love my 360 and xbox live and really would want this to continue with the One, I always liked the look of it and some of the games out & coming out. But big question is do I buy one or are Microsoft flogging a dead horse, so to speak? Is the future with PS4?

Soldato
Cheers for all your comments so far.

This offers an interesting insight for a non owner. As a soon to be owner of one of these consoles I rather listen to what an owner of both systems has to say, it's way more more useful than wading through the countless rubbish threads on the net and the arguments from fanboys.

I don't think this thread will help you either, I mean it looks like it's pretty even so far, some people use the xbox one more some use the PS4 more.

But, if you really are looking to buy a console then these are the things you should consider.

1. What games you like and which console has the exclusives that you play.
2. What console your friends have.

They are both good consoles, neither is better than the other. Just answer the questions above and you will be most of the way to making a choice, all the other stuff is just noise from fanboys.

Like, there is no point in buying the xbox one if the game you most want to play is "The Last of Us" And choosing the console based on how good the graphics are or how powerful is won't do you any good if all your friends have the other console playing an exclusive and you can't join them.

If answering the questions above isn't any help then you can consider the other things like power, Kinect etc.

Caporegime
Xbox One

Better controller, better prices on digital games (easy to swap location for non stupid prices), better exclusives so far.

PS4 clearly more powerful but I'm not overly bothered when I can get the games for half the price

Soldato
I too am in the market possibly this weekend for moving to next gen, I was thinking of going from the 360 to the xbone. Problem is there's just so much flack over the One, it feels like I'd be making the wrong choice buying one what with games being inferior to their PS4 counterparts and people saying the PS4 will pull away performance wise, the future seems bleak. Even Microsoft don't seem very sure of the console.

I love my 360 and xbox live and really would want this to continue with the One, I always liked the look of it and some of the games out & coming out. But big question is do I buy one or are Microsoft flogging a dead horse, so to speak? Is the future with PS4?

The future will be PS4 and XB1 with WiiU as a solid second console much like last gen, Microsoft won't pull out of the console race now imo

You should be able to get a good deal on one now and get the launch exclusives quite cheap as well :D

Associate
You should be able to get a good deal on one now and get the launch exclusives quite cheapas well :D

That's what I'm thinking you see, trading in my 360 at for a xbone without kinect which brings it to £250. Buying a 2nd hand kinect for £20, then a couple of 2nd hand games like titanfall for cheap, sorted :D.

Soldato

I think it is personally. As the sales gulf grows wider, I expect 3rd party dev's to give the PS4 extra attention in terms of visuals. Already Devs like Ubisoft are selling over double the units of Watchdogs on PS4 vs XB1. Eventually it's going to be easy for Sony to negotiate exclusive games/content/advertising with 3rd parties even more so than what they are doing with Destiny. A larger user-base also makes it easier for 1st party dev's to take more risks and release more IP's. This cycle will just get more intense as time passes.

Soldato
I don't see a single reason to play multi-platform games on the XB1 over the PS4, it doesn't make any logical sense does it. Lower res for starters, other things toned down to compensate.

Really does feel like a 360 / PS3 role reversal in the early days of the last consoles doesnt it.

Nearly pulled the trigger on an XB1 last week then realised the only single game I would bother with is Dead Rising 3 and thats out on PC shortly. :(

Soldato
The XBONE is on more at the moment as I love playing Plants Vs Zombies. PS4 Watchdogs did nothing for me and will probably sell it on or trade it in eventually. I have got TLOU on pre-order and once we get into Autumn I can see the PS4 getting used more & more.

Soldato
As someone who owns both I'd say get a PS4.

I've probably spent more time at the moment playing the XB1 as I really like Forza Multiplayer but the I reckon the PS4 is the better overall machine. Feels better designed, has a nicer controller, a better upcoming line-up of games and appears to be the more powerful machine. Sony's online services are poor compared to MS however and PSN has been down quite frequently.

Even though I have both consoles I tend to spend most time gaming on my PC. I'm actually quite disappointed with both 'next-gen' consoles as I don't feel like they're as powerful as my PC (5 year old i7-920 fitted with £200 GTX770 GPU) which is a fairly sorry state. If you had £500 to spend I'd actually suggest getting a gaming PC for the same money and you can get all the games for a fraction of the price on steam!

I have been playing the Destiny beta on the PS4 however and have to say it's pretty good fun! This weekend is probably the most it's been used since I bought it :)

Soldato
Haven't touched my XB1 for ages, the controller is literally gathering dust. I just find the whole thing cumbersome and unappealing, the dash is ugly and clunky, the voice commands are unused and it has nothing I want to play. I'm in love with my PS4 all over again after using the XB1, no comparison IMO but of course other people will feel different about theirs.

Associate
Well in the end I went with Xbox, mainly because of the games that are out & coming out. I know a few 360 owning friends who are going to upgrade to a One. So in the end became an easy choice, and yeah there might be some games that are "worse", but I'm not going to be doing side by side comparisons.
So just gonna enjoy it, and so far I am :).

Back
Top Bottom