Owners of both a PS4 & Xbox One: Which console do you find yourself playing more often?

Associate
Just to chime in with my personal experiences so far.

Like others in the thread I have both. I bought them really on a whim as I was primarily a PC gamer.

But even then over the years I don't use my PC much for gaming as much as I use to.

I bought the PS4 first. But was extremely dissappointed at the lauch titles for the most part. And to be truthful have been dissappointed since. I got the Xbox one much much later so I haven't notice the amount of games available for it.

I find there are pros and cons of both machines.

I really like the user interface of the xbox one over the ps4. While the ps4 is a more simplistic approach some people might prefer it. With the Xbox one I find more glanceable information at my fingertips although I do find you have to wade through more than I would like to through screens of options.

With the controllers I got to say I like them as much as each other. I use to own the PS1 and PS2 so I am use to sony controllers and they suit me because I have very very small hands (child like).

I hated the x360 controller too big for my hands and maybe it placebo but I find the xbox one controller much better for me.

In general operation I find it easier to use the xbox one than the ps4. I find the xbox one when not playing games to be very quiet and even when playing games the noise from the machine is more than tolerable.

With the PS4 there is a bit of noise when not playing games and when you play games you certainly will notice the amount of noise it makes. I would suspect most people use headsets but side by side not using headsets I would say there is a large difference between and xbox one playing a game and a ps4.

I have different games for each platform so I couldn't really compare both side by side with the same game. I heard a lot of people and read a lot of people are dissappointed by xbox one gaming res and the performance compared to the PS4. But for me I have never ever played a game on the Xb1 and wish I had it for the PS4 instead.

When the kids play they always play the PS4 although I suspect this is due to having Lego marvel super heroes on the ps 4 rather than the xb1 but I tend to use the xb1 more.

Soldato
Xbox One at the moment. I am playing Watchdogs on the PS4 but Plants v Zombies, Forza 5 & Dead Rising 3 Co-op on the Xbone.

The Xbone is also used more as a media machine as well (Youtube, Twitch etc).

What somewhat muddies the waters is I have two Xbones (for co-op) and only one PS4 so it isn't really a fair fight :p

Multi plats where there is an obvious visual or performance difference I will get on the PS4 (BF4 for example), everything else I will get on the Xbone as I prefer the controller.

Soldato
I am now considering going next gen so lets consider this

Xbox One

PS4

Balls :(

haha, sorry mate, that's a tough choice!!

But, I suppose do you game more solo or with mates? If you do more solo gaming get the xbox one because it has the games you want most. IF you only like gaming with friends get the PS4.

Or pick one and buy the other at a later date, in January sales or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom