Extreme Makeover - Ongoing project (Picture Heavy)

Associate
Looks like almost all of the houses I have to work in, where abouts in the country is this? Hard to tell with the carbon copy council houses up and down the county. Looks like Brockworth.

Fair play though keep up the good work.

Associate
I bet you have, I've never decorated before, you sir have my utmost respect, I was knackered every blood day lol

Feel free dude

Yeah we pay our bills etc so the risk of us getting kicked out if zero. As we both work the bedroom tax thing will not bother us in later life when the kids move out. Hopefully I will be living here for the next 20+ or so years!

Thanks guys still a long way to go but its very much home now!

Thankd bud, from what I have heard from mutual friends they have already trashed the new place. Indeed they have broken down furniture and 4 mattresses strung out over their front lawn already!

Both lots of neighbours have come round to say hello and tell us their tales of woe from the previous lot. The had at once stage 4 different farm yard animals in the garden and from all accounts the children where feral! Needless to say they are both very happy that a "normal" family has moved in. Both have offered their help when it comes to doing the garden if we need help with ripping it out. Jolly nice

Now time for a brew.

I just wanted to add my congratulations on a job well done. Very impressive. It's also good to hear you have nice neighbours and not like the people you replaced.

I sincerely hope you're happy there; you deserve to be after all the effort. :)

Soldato
Good thread - have you checked the roof? There seem to be a few tiles dislodged/missing. Water + roof will end up in big bills; and in one case I saw when looking to buy the water was running down the walls; so it's worth getting proper attention asap.

Underboss
OP
Awesome thread is awesome!

Ta BB

Good thread - have you checked the roof? There seem to be a few tiles dislodged/missing. Water + roof will end up in big bills; and in one case I saw when looking to buy the water was running down the walls; so it's worth getting proper attention asap.

Yes bud, we have been in around 3 months now and have just had a surveyor come out to inspect what needs doing.

I mentioned the front door not sitting correctly, he is ordering a new one.

Roof tiles, he is going to get his contractor to come out and give it a thorough going over.

Kitchen ceiling hole - they will be replacing the whole kitchen ceiling next year.

Wiring in outhouse - they will be ripping out all the old stuff and dodgy wood, re wiring properly and then we will tile it and make it a proper wet room.

Getting there...

Underboss
OP
Small update,

Mother nature had a good wind session here on the saturday after Christmas and the bodge job fence that was errected didn't survive.

Before (done by previous tenants not me)

nWI193nl.jpg.png

DP4fhjbl.jpg.png

I telephone the council and asked who's responsible for that side of the fence and the lady confirmed that all council tenants are responsible for the left hand portion of the fencing. So a trip to wickes online for some supplies was needed.

Quickest £300 I have ever spent.

But the results are very nice. Sadly someone long ago had erected a very strudy concrete base for 3 fence posts so we had to navigate around those leaving the first 3 panels a little crooked. I spoke to the landlord of next door who lets the hosue to students, explained the drama and he was fine with us taking about a foot of "his" patio, I also told him he could have the tree stump back as I would put my fence in front of it, he was happy as we both gained/lost a little.

How it looks now

8hW4kLXl.jpg

Was a nightmare job, the ground this morning was frozen solid, under the top soil is very hard clay and many bits of broken brick, tile and **** type stuff. We started at 8am and were done by 2pm. Hard graft at it's finest, just need a 6ftx3ft end piece for the very end as I was just out on my measurements, that has been ordered and is coming on sat. Also need to find a nice fence paint to darken them a shade.

More work happening on the garden this year! Going to be a huge job.

Soldato
Damn that's a hell of an achievement mate. How could they have left it in such a state :eek:.

Done a great job on it! Its amazing how much difference paint and carpet makes.

Underboss
OP
They stopped doing anything the second we said we would be happy to exchange.

We knew it would be bad, it gave my a chance to learn some basic DIY. All in all I am glad we took it as the cost vs reward it huge.

Sadly I am not in a position yet to buy the place.

Underboss
OP
Sorry to be a downer, but can you take them back? Because it's better to have them with slats so the wind can pass through and not blow them over. Get something like Jackson's Hit & Miss Fence Panels

http://www.jacksons-fencing.co.uk/f...ontal/fencing-panels-hit-miss-horizontal.aspx

Not a chance £75 per panel. Not going to happen, unless the lotto decides to pay me out then I will stick with £20 per panel units.

If I had the cash I would have it professionally done with decent panels but sadly I don't so these will do.

Soldato
Great job! Reminded me ever so slightly of my first place - it is unbelievable what sort of filth some people are happy to live in!

Also much easier when you aren't actually living in the house at the time!!!

Back
Top Bottom