Extreme Makeover - Ongoing project (Picture Heavy)

Caporegime
If you do come across any felt tip drawings, a very good stain blocking paint is zinnser bullseye. Done a massive hall stairs and landing for a client a few years ago. Their annoying son would spend the evenings drawing things on the walls after we had finished for the day. A quick coat of bullseye and removal of the offender from the house for a few days let us at least get the job completed. I shudder to think what it looked like after he got back though.:D

Soldato
Really nice work mate, I have just 2 complaints.

1. Don't try and sell the old "It's the daughters room story". You will always be my little sugar plum princess.

2. No manly pics of you toiling away each day.

Apart from that, great stuff mate. Talk about a total transformation.

Last edited:
Underboss
OP
Really nice work mate, I have just 2 complaints.

1. Don't try and sell the old "It's the daughters room story". You will always be my little sugar plum princess.

2. No manly pics of you toiling away each day.

Apart from that, great stuff mate. Talk about a total transformation.

You got me!

Was too busy to do a manly picture fest, managed to get a quick Ice Bucket challenge in but nothing else!

Great work, that's a heck of a turn around for a couple of weeks.

The Rangemaster cooker was a nice bonus

Thanks Cheesy, yeah they people leaving also inherited it and they clearly didn't realise how much of a good thing they had judging by the lack of cleaning ever applied to it!

Comes up very sparkling!

Associate
Fantastic work!!
Great to see that the neighbours appreciate that you have just massively increased their quality of life and good on them offering help with the garden!
Did you show the the before and after pictures (wondering if they ever saw the inside and how bad it was)?

Soldato
Isn't it just amazing what a fresh lick of paint can do! God knows what they were thinking choosing those colour combinations.

Whilst the garden does look a bit of a disaster, it's rather large and with plenty of things that can be done. Should only take a few weekends to clear out the rubbish and give the likes of the fence panels some fresh paint. And then a few more weekends for a decking/patio and some landscaping. The unfortunate thing is, it's fast approaching the wrong time of the year for doing garden DIY.

Soldato
Great work mate.

Not a fan of the colour of paints/wallpaper and carpet but each to their own.

A lot of graft has paid off though. Its a million times better than previous so you should be proud.

Well done.

Soldato
Spot on bud, although the box room is bigger than most of my bedrooms growing up.

With x2 messy kids,a dog and x2 cats blue hides all stains! Its a good hard wearing carpet, colour isnt great but it was a needs must sort of fitting.

Be good for 5-7 years!

Yep, you did right

Whilst obviously everyone oohs and aahs over cream carpets and wants the contemporary look, families know what's best with kids.

Associate
Kids are the reason why we removed all the carpets from the house when we bought and then painted them all white. They look awesome, very rustic but clean and modern too. And when they get dented and scratched and pood on by the kids it takes seconds to clean. Cheap as chips to replace planks if needed down the line and even easier to paint if needed. Carpets are an absolute nightmare if you have kids or pets. Also vacuuming the house takes 10 mins instead of 30 compared to hoovering hair out of carpets....

T C

T C

Associate
Good effort mate! Looks like the previous family where a bunch of budding impressionist artists! What an assault to the eyeballs!

Shows you what a lick of paint and determination can do!

Back
Top Bottom