SweetFX

Soldato
I haven't had an issue with vac but as it is adding dlls it's always best to assume it could get you banned. I've never seen anywhere say specifically it's safe nor have I ever seen any confirmed bans from using it.

Soldato
OP
Don't use that one, use the one I linked and do exactly as the description says....takeout all the kputt and sweetfx files you used and use the one I linked.

Ok Ive installed it, but when I enable it there literally no difference? Ive stuck all the files into the GTA5 root directory.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Um Preset?

Basically Ive just followed the instructions here:

Recommend Step 1 Extract the Rar in the link below and Inside the Reshade + Framework Folder you get Drop all the files and folders into your game Directory LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download/clcapzg2vsp38bc/Quentins_Realistic_Awakening_Reshade.rar

The only thing I did was remap the toggle on off key from scroll lock to another key since I do not have scroll lock.

So when I press it (F6) I can see it say "enable/disabled" but nothing changes colour wise on screen.

(And yep I did remove the previous K-Putt files).

Soldato
You have to download the config preset dude lol. Each person has a specific preset to download for the game you want. That preset overwrites the default sweetfx settings config.

When you download reshade+framework you get all the default files. paste them all to the game folder where th exe is. Then go to sweesweetfx/the lazy, go to your game of choice, click on a users version and hit the download button. This will give you their custom settings config. for the GTA one in particular that I linked, just follow the instructions where to paste it.

Soldato
OP
Sorry mate I must be missing something fundamental here lol.

Basically I used the SweetFX configurator to help me install the base SweetFX files.

THEN I downloaded that file from Quentins link as above (presumably this is called the Preset?) and then unrared it into my GTA 5 directory.

Is this right?

Last edited:
Associate
TonyTurbo, thanks for posting hte recommended preset for GTAV, I hadn't realized that SweetFX/Reshade now works with win 8.1. What a huge difference it makes!

Underboss
Just finished installing the GTAV Preset Tony linked. I have done a before/after, it looks a little derpy as I couldn't get Franklin to stay still long enough but the colours are much nicer.

1mtVVBu.jpg

In spoiler tags as it is 1920x1080

:D

Soldato
Sorry mate I must be missing something fundamental here lol.

Basically I used the SweetFX configurator to help me install the base SweetFX files.

THEN I downloaded that file from Quentins link as above (presumably this is called the Preset?) and then unrared it into my GTA 5 directory.

Is this right?

no, I don't personally use the configurator, just do it manually as I have better success that way on Windows 8.1

and yeah the way you did it wont work mate, you dont unrar the preset straight into the GTAV directory. it needs to go in the Sweetfx folder like it says in the instructions mate.

So lets go from the top

Remove any sweetfx files from the GTA V directory you have. You can check what they are by cross referencing the files from the sweetfx/reshade download you have done.

Then, go to here http://www.mediafire.com/download/pj299vajt3ksoc8/ReShade+0.18.3+Public+Beta+with+Framework.7z and download the reshade+framework ( i know you prob already have this done, but do it again to make sure the files are still good)

Extract those files which will give you 4 items, (reshade folder, d3d9.dll, dxgi.dll and Reshadefx) paste all these files to your GTA V folder.

Go here https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3450/ and hit the "download preset" button. This is the custom config for this version and will eventually overwrite the default reshade one.

Then, open the "reshade" folder in GTA V directory, open the "SweetFX_settings.cfg" file with notepad and delete all the text. Go to the the custom config you downloaded, open it and copy the whole text from that file. Go back to the SweetFX_settings.cfg file and now paste the new custom config in. Save it and exit.

Your now done. When the game is loading, the reshade is turned off as default. Reason for this is for some reason when its enabled when the game loads, you get 1fps and it takes forever to load. So when you get into story mode or online, hit Scroll Lock to turn on or off. You'll see a big difference.

Hope that clears it up. It's basically the same process for all games you want to run Sweetfx 2.0 or Reshade on.

Last edited:
Soldato
postfx looks lush mate, really brings out the light glare, and my two AMD cards will pee pee on an 980ti ;) ;) but of course, when the 980ti comes, I'll have two 390x cards :) Just a shame I'll then have to wait a year for a driver to make them work right lmao.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers for the profile, been meaning to use sweetfx with gta v:)

What's the in-game on/off toggle btw?

scroll lock

you can change the key to anything you want by going into the mastereffect file and looking for this line
#define MASTEREFFECT_TOGGLEKEY 0x91

these are the hex codes for common keys if anyone needs them to change the sweetfx on/off key

END 0x23
HOME 0x24
INSERT 0x2D
DELETE 0x2E
NUMLOCK 0x90
SCROLL 0x91

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
no, I don't personally use the configurator, just do it manually as I have better success that way on Windows 8.1

and yeah the way you did it wont work mate, you dont unrar the preset straight into the GTAV directory. it needs to go in the Sweetfx folder like it says in the instructions mate.

So lets go from the top

Remove any sweetfx files from the GTA V directory you have. You can check what they are by cross referencing the files from the sweetfx/reshade download you have done.

Then, go to here http://www.mediafire.com/download/pj299vajt3ksoc8/ReShade+0.18.3+Public+Beta+with+Framework.7z and download the reshade+framework ( i know you prob already have this done, but do it again to make sure the files are still good)

Extract those files which will give you 4 items, (reshade folder, d3d9.dll, dxgi.dll and Reshadefx) paste all these files to your GTA V folder.

Go here https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3450/ and hit the "download preset" button. This is the custom config for this version and will eventually overwrite the default reshade one.

Then, open the "reshade" folder in GTA V directory, open the "SweetFX_settings.cfg" file with notepad and delete all the text. Go to the the custom config you downloaded, open it and copy the whole text from that file. Go back to the SweetFX_settings.cfg file and now paste the new custom config in. Save it and exit.

Your now done. When the game is loading, the reshade is turned off as default. Reason for this is for some reason when its enabled when the game loads, you get 1fps and it takes forever to load. So when you get into story mode or online, hit Scroll Lock to turn on or off. You'll see a big difference.

Hope that clears it up. It's basically the same process for all games you want to run Sweetfx 2.0 or Reshade on.

Cheers for the above mate.

However the http://www.mediafire.com/download/pj299vajt3ksoc8/ReShade+0.18.3+Public+Beta+with+Framework.7z is different to how you described it. I.e. it has a Reshade Setup.exe file and dll files are different to how you described them.

Soldato
OP
scroll lock

you can change the key to anything you want by going into the mastereffect file and looking for this line
#define MASTEREFFECT_TOGGLEKEY 0x91

these are the hex codes for common keys if anyone needs them to change the sweetfx on/off key

END 0x23
HOME 0x24
INSERT 0x2D
DELETE 0x2E
NUMLOCK 0x90
SCROLL 0x91

I cant see to find the mastereffect file fella, where is this located and is it called "mastereffect"?

Back
Top Bottom