SweetFX

bJN

bJN

Soldato
If you mean SMAA, then the game isn't able to do it. It's only achievable by using SweetFX, which would explain why you're getting such a big hit to performance - you're essentially going from no AA to full whack.

Associate
I tried wunkley's preset and it looks fantastic but the performance hit is greater than I've ever experienced with sweetfx before. It's not a huge hit but enough to bring fps down into 50's and make it look a little stuttery.

Soldato
OP
Do ya mean FXAA? the sweet FXaa does hit your FPS quite a lot, so its best to use the ingame one along side sweets SMAA.

I see, so set FXAA in game to ... whatever it is? (on or 2X)?
And set SMAA in Sweets to "1" in the config?

But whatabout the other SMAA settings in the SMAA section?

Soldato
I think you're getting a tad confused fella. Easiest way is just to turn off ALL in game AA. Then just use SMAA in the sweetfx settings, which is how my config is set anyway.

Also, I think this new reshade injector that's part of some sweetfx configs now including gta5 is more taxing now than 'old' sweetfx.

I run the game at a locked 59fps now using a framerate limiter with the monitor refresh set at 60 though on a pair of 780Tis which can handle it with ease. It's a weird one GTA5 running on a rog swift with gsync. As usual nothing is simple when it comes to SLI and gsync/ stutter issues. If I run the monitor at anything other than 60hz I get little stutters (ie 85, 100, 120 or 144hz causes microstutters). If I don't limit the fps to 59 I get little stutters. Weird I grant you, but doing what I do makes GTA5 perfectly smooth.

It is just beautifully smooth the way I have it now, totally stutter free and I'm pretty much at max settings. The more I play this game the more impressed I am with it all, including the visuals and the performance. Devs did a fantastic job on the pc version for once!!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I think you're getting a tad confused fella. Easiest way is just to turn off ALL in game AA. Then just use SMAA in the sweetfx settings, which is how my config is set anyway.

Also, I think this new reshade injector that's part of some sweetfx configs now including gta5 is more taxing now than 'old' sweetfx.

I run the game at a locked 59fps now using a framerate limiter with the monitor refresh set at 60 though on a pair of 780Tis which can handle it with ease. It's a weird one GTA5 running on a rog swift with gsync. As usual nothing is simple when it comes to SLI and gsync/ stutter issues. If I run the monitor at anything other than 60hz I get little stutters (ie 85, 100, 120 or 144hz causes microstutters). If I don't limit the fps to 59 I get little stutters. Weird I grant you, but doing what I do makes GTA5 perfectly smooth.

It is just beautifully smooth the way I have it now, totally stutter free and I'm pretty much at max settings. The more I play this game the more impressed I am with it all, including the visuals and the performance. Devs did a fantastic job on the pc version for once!!

I think you're right bud, totally confoozed myself :D

But fully understood what you are saying about in reference to SMAA and FXAA.

Out of interest though, noticed you are a fellow 780 Ti owner (or two rather).

I have one, you reckon its worth getting a second one to SLI for GTA 5?

But the stuff about locking frame rate, not sure why you have to do that? Is this a bug? Or just some sort of lack of issue which arises from the use of SLI-ed 780s and your ROG etc?

Last edited:
Soldato
Do ya mean FXAA? the sweet FXaa does hit your FPS quite a lot, so its best to use the ingame one along side sweets SMAA.

In Skyrim I find that that SweetFX's FXAA is not only superior to the one built into the game, I get an fps boost too.

n.b. either turn off SMAA/FXAA ingame and use SweetFX, or the other way around. Not both at the same time. Thats not how it works.

Back
Top Bottom