• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
I know silicon lottery and all that, but is there a standard level of overclock people are getting from the non-reference models with their better cooling. I'm not aiming for a 1500 boost clock and would be happy to get an easy 1300, set it and just run the card indefinitely like that. I still fancy the MSI Gaming though - if I got a 1450+ clock out of one is it safe to run it permanently in this state assuming temps are good?

I don't fancy spending an extra 70 sheets if I don't have to. I'm not a power overclocker.

Associate
My EVGA Superclocked just arrived at work, ordered yesterday lunchtime :D Longest day ever waiting until I can get home and install this bad boy. Will post pic.

IMAG0247.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
No looks like EVGA still shipped none, they seem to be struggling to make them.

I'd personally chose another card that is in stock unless your happy to wait, but realistic looks like it could be at least another couple of weeks.

This is hard to understand, there are clearly plenty of 980ti PCBs and chips out there. There are also clearly a great number of AIO cooler solutions out there. Not sure what's difficult about manufacturing these...they are able to do it for the Titan X Hybrid and 980 Hybrid.

Seems like some one at EVGA got their economics wrong and is focussing on other cards where margins are better...I expect a big price jump similar to the Hyrdo Copper card because as it stands today the 980ti Hybrid performs similar/better than a G1, is quieter than a G1 and runs cooler plus it includes a AOI cooling loop.

Hope it does ship today and Gibbo's info proves to be incorrect.

/frustrated

Soldato
This is hard to understand, there are clearly plenty of 980ti PCBs and chips out there. There are also clearly a great number of AIO cooler solutions out there. Not sure what's difficult about manufacturing these...they are able to do it for the Titan X Hybrid and 980 Hybrid.

Seems like some one at EVGA got their economics wrong and is focussing on other cards where margins are better...I expect a big price jump similar to the Hyrdo Copper card because as it stands today the 980ti Hybrid performs similar/better than a G1, is quieter than a G1 and runs cooler plus it includes a AOI cooling loop.

Hope it does ship today and Gibbo's info proves to be incorrect.

/frustrated

Sick of waiting now, changing my order to an MSI gaming.

Associate
Site just changed for anyone hoping for a Hybrid today:

ETA: 17/07/15

I think I'm going to cancel my order, getting a bit sick of being led along.
I know it's not OCs fault, but having an evga rep in the forum stringing us along for so long now has added fuel to the fire.

Associate
I was going to ask if anyone other than me had received a Hybrid from OCUK. This delay would have cased me to change to the G1 by now and EVGA would have lost my custom.

Associate
Surely EVGA knows what the situation is.

So if they say stock will be arriving and it doesn't something has either gone seriously wrong or they are lying to us, and I thought EVGA was not like that...

Back
Top Bottom