• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
Have asked for my pre-order to be cancelled. Not risking getting a really noisy one and not being able to replace it. Certainly not accepting losing 25% of the price if it goes back.

Someone from OCUK really needs to step in here and tell people whats what.

I got told the same thing when I wanted a refund within 14 days of getting a monitor as I changed my mind, As is allowed under the law but OCUK think they are above the law.

Needless to say I actually had a lawyers number on hand if they pulled this rubbish.

I think OCUK need to be investigated from a legal standpoint on this matter.

Soldato
think I am going to wait at leasts until August till I get one :) ie coil whine issue.

if it's coil whine August will make no difference at all, AMD are not going to replace the capacitors just because of coil whine, it's something you have to live with !!!

Last edited:
Soldato
I got told the same thing when I wanted a refund within 14 days of getting a monitor as I changed my mind, As is allowed under the law but OCUK think they are above the law.

Needless to say I actually had a lawyers number on hand if they pulled this rubbish.

I think OCUK need to be investigated from a legal standpoint on this matter.
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/i-want-to-return-something-bought-online-

According to the law you have between 7 & 14 days from purchase to return with a full refund (can't pin down the 7 or 14 yet), anything else is breaking consumer protection laws & would be subject to penalty.

The packaging can be open & only has to be returned is a reasonable condition (part of the rules related to online purchasing is that you can't view the object online & to do so at home requires opening the box).

Fury X installed. Still can't run 120Hz without flickering but not a biggie and I will get something sorted.

Time to play :D

Ohhh and no whine, which is a massive phew.
Nice to hear, which brand (or are they all completely 100% identical)?

Associate
Didnt they refund a load of GTX 970's that had stupid levels of coil whine ?

I mean id say if the card only made coil whine when pushing high FPS >60fps while gaming and was fine while on desktop & video decoding, its acceptable.

However if the whine happens on desktop then there is something really wrong, and should be classed as faulty.

Along with this any strange noises from the AIO pump / res should be classified as a fault.

In any case if you decide to return as faulty OR as it was delivered to you there should be no restock charge (as long as its within the normal time limits)

Associate
if it's coil whine August will make no difference at all, AMD are not going to replace the capacitors just because of coil whine, it's something you have to live with !!!

so;

you that would be ok would it!

"Capacitor Squeal is actually the noise heard when a capacitor is about to fail. Essentially it’s where gas is escaping through tiny holes in the capacitor and makes a “whistle” sound. You can usually visually spot this simply by looking at the top of the capacitor that’s making the noise – if bulging or you can see a brown fluid then this is a true capacitor squeal."

Soldato
so;

you that would be ok would it!

"Capacitor Squeal is actually the noise heard when a capacitor is about to fail. Essentially it’s where gas is escaping through tiny holes in the capacitor and makes a “whistle” sound. You can usually visually spot this simply by looking at the top of the capacitor that’s making the noise – if bulging or you can see a brown fluid then this is a true capacitor squeal."

nope

Back
Top Bottom