• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The R9 Nano Fiji Owners Thread

Soldato
Ok, been playing around with the nano since I installed it, currently running at 1050 core, 500 mem, stock volts, power limit 50% and thats it. Yes, you can hear the fan but its not too intrusive when gaming, about as loud as my old 780ti and that wasn't loud at all, maybe a tad quieter. Absolutely no coil whine, and at idle, near silent, i can hear my case fans running and not the Nano and those fans are running at reduced speeds via cable adapters.

I've tried out Crysis 3 and at max ingame settings at 1440p, I don't go below 55 fps which surprised me a lot and temps don't go above 67c. Any questions on how its going so far I'll try answer, though I would like to know what safe voltage core increase is and wether or not to use afterburner as AMD Matt appears to use it but not another forum member, "panos" I believe.

I'm already looking at the feasibility off slapping a 120mm quality fan on the nano and seeing if I can lower temps and noise and maybe get a little more o/clocking headroom:D

Associate
Just received mine today, ASUS labeled and pictured with R9 290X it replaces. Nano looks really well made, can't wait to test it. No Haribo this time though and no Far Cry Primal game code either which is a shame as I wanted to use that game for testing. I don't play some to me unknown online World Of Warships they bundled it with instead :(.

Nano.jpg

Soldato
Just received mine today, ASUS labeled and pictured with R9 290X it replaces. Nano looks really well made, can't wait to test it. No Haribo this time though and no Far Cry Primal game code either which is a shame as I wanted to use that game for testing. I don't play some to me unknown online World Of Warships they bundled it with instead :(.

Nano.jpg

I've got the same card as you mate and you get the far cry primal game by going to the overclockers website, go to the gpu section, navigate to the "Asus nano page and at the bottom theres the asus website addy where you can get the game.
And I've noticed the price is now £399, gone up £40 from this morning:eek:

Associate
I've got the same card as you mate and you get the far cry primal game by going to the overclockers website, go to the gpu section, navigate to the "Asus nano page and at the bottom theres the asus website addy where you can get the game.
And I've noticed the price is now £399, gone up £40 from this morning:eek:

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I checked that website before and it said "Mammoth ran off with Far Cry Primal game codes, please come back at March 31st 12:00pm (UTC+8) while we hunt it down." Lol, at least it made me smile, just hope they have big enough Tyrannosaurus bone to hunt that Mammoth down :).
I also noticed that price raise, I paid £360 and had a free delivery too as I linked my forum account with my shop one and it worked. What a good deal.

Talking about Mammoths, an interesting short article: http://io9.gizmodo.com/5896262/the-last-mammoths-died-out-just-3600-years-agobut-they-should-have-survived

//Kaapstad: thanks for adding me on.

Last edited:
Soldato
I briefly strapped a 120mm fan on, temperatures were slightly better but noise was reduced as the max rpm was lower.

I suspect the shroud needs to stay to help evacuate the hot air, will have a play I've got a 92mm fan around somewhere.

Man of Honour
OP
Ok, been playing around with the nano since I installed it, currently running at 1050 core, 500 mem, stock volts, power limit 50% and thats it. Yes, you can hear the fan but its not too intrusive when gaming, about as loud as my old 780ti and that wasn't loud at all, maybe a tad quieter. Absolutely no coil whine, and at idle, near silent, i can hear my case fans running and not the Nano and those fans are running at reduced speeds via cable adapters.

I've tried out Crysis 3 and at max ingame settings at 1440p, I don't go below 55 fps which surprised me a lot and temps don't go above 67c. Any questions on how its going so far I'll try answer, though I would like to know what safe voltage core increase is and wether or not to use afterburner as AMD Matt appears to use it but not another forum member, "panos" I believe.

I'm already looking at the feasibility off slapping a 120mm quality fan on the nano and seeing if I can lower temps and noise and maybe get a little more o/clocking headroom:D

Nano.jpg

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Reference, maltrabob, Link, Date 30/03/2016
Reference, pieman109, Link, Date 30/03/2016
Reference, Scrumpy_Jack, Link, Date 15/03/2016
Reference, ishoeyi, Link, Date 24/02/2016
Reference, CivilDrone, Link, Date 20/02/2016
Reference, Panos, Link, Date 20/02/2016
Reference, Benny144, Link, Date 11/02/2016
Reference, Boomstick777, Link, Date 08/02/2016
Reference, Radox-0, Link, Date 13/10/2015
Reference, spikerules, Link, Date 12/10/2015

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your R9 Nano.

Man of Honour
OP
Can I join the club? :)

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Reference, abui1806, Link, Date 31/03/2016
Reference, maltrabob, Link, Date 30/03/2016
Reference, pieman109, Link, Date 30/03/2016
Reference, Scrumpy_Jack, Link, Date 15/03/2016
Reference, ishoeyi, Link, Date 24/02/2016
Reference, CivilDrone, Link, Date 20/02/2016
Reference, Panos, Link, Date 20/02/2016
Reference, Benny144, Link, Date 11/02/2016
Reference, Boomstick777, Link, Date 08/02/2016
Reference, Radox-0, Link, Date 13/10/2015
Reference, spikerules, Link, Date 12/10/2015

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your R9 Nano.

Soldato

Nice write up mate, it's a fantastic card.

I also really liked the Titan X and 980 Ti, but when you consider the price the Nano is easily the winner of the 28nm gen for me. It's a real gem I think AMD's best GPU. Will happily buy a similar replacement from either Nvidia or AMD in the next gen, no longer interested in the big boys, something cool, power efficient but still performs is ideal. Will be keeping this Nano until then.

Back
Top Bottom