• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The R9 Nano Fiji Owners Thread

Associate
Well all my loop parts have arrived including the ek block for the Nano. Just need to find the time to get it all fitted together and running! Exciting times!

Soldato
Hello fellow nano owners. So may be a silly question but i just need clarification. Looking at getting a 144hz monitor (benq xl2430t). My question is hdmi wont go up to 144hz on the nano so will the display port and do i need a active cable?

Cheers

Just use the DP cable that comes with the monitor and connect to the DP port on the card and 144hz will work.

Soldato
Hello fellow nano owners. So may be a silly question but i just need clarification. Looking at getting a 144hz monitor (benq xl2430t). My question is hdmi wont go up to 144hz on the nano so will the display port and do i need a active cable?

Cheers ��

You have to connect to the dp port. However try to buy freesync monitor. Works beautifully

Soldato
Right, I've just pulled the trigger on one of these:

Asus R9 Nano with free Far Cry "primal" game for £359.99p :)

Once its installed and running I'll post up a load of questions which I'll invariably have, regarding overclocking, though I'm not expecting much headroom.

Soldato
Right, I've just pulled the trigger on one of these:

Asus R9 Nano with free Far Cry "primal" game for £359.99p :)

Once its installed and running I'll post up a load of questions which I'll invariably have, regarding overclocking, though I'm not expecting much headroom.

Underwater it has. On Air you can only achieve FuryX performance.

Do not use MSI AB, remove it completely. Use the Overdrive. Set the speed & power to 50% and you are done.

Soldato

Glowing review of the Nano, I see :eek:

The amount of noise this pint-sized card’s PWM puts out is nothing short of astronomical. It wails, squeals, chugs and emits all sorts of other electrical blather. Granted, some gamers will be more susceptible to hearing it than others and there are certain cases on the market that will reduce the amount of perceptible noise but this is still unacceptable on any $650 card released in 2015. AMD is aware of this but they don’t count it as a problem. We will have to see how widespread it is once the Nano gets into the hands of end users. It is important to note that we're not sure how widespread this is or whether or not we received one of the "louder" samples. We just report it as we see it.

Caporegime
Just sending my Nano back, hoping they find a problem because if it's not the nano i don't know what to do next.

AMD Matt do you find its a universal nano problem or does it affect some more than other? Is there much difference between manufacturers in other ways ie XFX vs. ASUS vs. Powercolor?

This issue is now resolved Benny via a driver update. More information available here.

Resolved Issues:
AMD Radeon™ Fury Series may experience corruption on desktop when system is idle for an extended period of time.

Soldato
Anyone know who makes the fan for these Nano gpus? If they're really that noisy, that German site suggestion seems like an avenue worth investigating I'd have thought. If you don't want to go w/c and an AIO doesn't fit the bill due to the Vrms being uncooled, then a good alternative would be fan replacement. Just need to find an example thats really quiet at high speed, could be a worthwhile option to consider?

Soldato
I've recently gotten hold of a nano, it's pretty quiet in gaming - much more so than the Palit 970 it replaces. There is some whine, but isn't that loud and can't really be heard much over the fan.

What is annoying though is the idle fan speed of 1500rpm, makes it by far and away the loudest component in my system so may need to see if something can be done to shut it up or something.

Soldato
I've recently gotten hold of a nano, it's pretty quiet in gaming - much more so than the Palit 970 it replaces. There is some whine, but isn't that loud and can't really be heard much over the fan.

What is annoying though is the idle fan speed of 1500rpm, makes it by far and away the loudest component in my system so may need to see if something can be done to shut it up or something.

Try to set it as follows -42mv, +50% at stock speeds. (actually you can overclock it to 1050/545 with those settings).

Then try to cut the power allowance until it starts crashing. That way reducing the power, reduces the heat generated without affecting the speed.

Or else watercool it. I have mine attached to a Predator 360, and works beautifully.

Back
Top Bottom