• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Owners Thread

Associate
Very nice :). What sort of clocks and power draw are you seeing?

Thinking about grabbing 2 REF (EVGA SC) 1080's and watercooling them. Little worried about the single 8pin not being enough though.

Not messed about with clocks at all yet, dont see any reason to do so - maybe when i get my rift if it needs it.

Soldato
Will the EVGA Classified have the same clocks as the ftw version?

Official specs for both cards are not seemingly released on EVGA's site. However I would be very surprised if they are the same. Classified base clock and boost clock speeds quoted have always been above FTW and below any Kingpin card that comes out. Can't see it being any different this time

Soldato
Got mine this afternoon :)

j5e2is.jpg

f9fa81.jpg

Soldato
Got mine today. Went for the 'cheapo' KFA2 reference blower card because I'm putting it under water anyway, so wasn't too bothered about paying for a decent cooler. Will use the stock cooler for a few days though.

Now I just need to be in the mood to put the card in but I'm feeling lazy right now :(

Associate
Got mine today. Went for the 'cheapo' KFA2 reference blower card because I'm putting it under water anyway, so wasn't too bothered about paying for a decent cooler. Will use the stock cooler for a few days though.

Now I just need to be in the mood to put the card in but I'm feeling lazy right now :(

I'll be interested to see how you get on as im looking to get this one. I won't be changing the fans so be nice to see how it runs.

Soldato
Aye I'll be using it for a few days so I'll post back when I've given it a go. I'm expecting it to be functional - warm and not quiet, but functional :)

Back
Top Bottom