• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Owners Thread

Soldato
Has anyone else got the fan ramping up and down at times issue. I see Nvidia are working on a fix already, but damm is it not grating on me!

What do you mean by older bridge? Either way stick whatever bridge you have on and it will work. Apparently if its the bendy flexible one it means more data is sent through PCIe. I will admit though I tried the Nvidia LED one, EVGA LED one and flexible bendy one and not really seen a diffrence in terms of real world experience, so I would just chuck on a single bridge of whatever you have.

Yeah mine was up and down like a yo-yo yesterday. Bloody annoying! Would setting the fan curve at 60-70% solve it?

Associate
Pretty interesting guide I saw posted on OCN, thought I would share here:

https://xdevs.com/guide/pascal_oc/#voltsc

While it is mostly about LN2. Will be neat to see if and how for example it will extrapolate to aftermarket cards cooled under water for example able to draw more power.

interesting read.... so as i thought maxwell on speed ...nvidia are already being aggressive with there clocks ...brute force....

To add and i may get burned for this how do we know that these so called new features in pascal for vr fast sync ect are not hard ware on the die but simply driven via software in the driver ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Pretty interesting guide I saw posted on OCN, thought I would share here:

https://xdevs.com/guide/pascal_oc/#voltsc

While it is mostly about LN2. Will be neat to see if and how for example it will extrapolate to aftermarket cards cooled under water for example able to draw more power.

its tough to make out if he means going higher than 1.25v on water offers no benefit, or if he means going any higher than stock volts (1.093v?) offers no benefit

Soldato
Yeah mine was up and down like a yo-yo yesterday. Bloody annoying! Would setting the fan curve at 60-70% solve it?

No it does not :( Seems to be no real pattern. Manually setting a fan profile does not help nor any software / tools you have open / closed. Witcher 3 is driving me nuts :o

I would have thought these guys would have spotted an issue such as this as its affecting all the cards regardless of brand / BIOS on the card. Do hope it will be solvable via driver update, though I do have RMA numbers at the ready in event next driver does not fix it. Do not want to be out the 14 day window with this issue :(

Associate
No it does not :( Seems to be no real pattern. Manually setting a fan profile does not help nor any software / tools you have open / closed. Witcher 3 is driving me nuts :o

I would have thought these guys would have spotted an issue such as this as its affecting all the cards regardless of brand / BIOS on the card. Do hope it will be solvable via driver update, though I do have RMA numbers at the ready in event next driver does not fix it. Do not want to be out the 14 day window with this issue :(

Yes its not right

i would be fuming myself if i had spent that amount of money and be getting that issue seems to me the founders edtion = finding problem edition ..

I hope they fix it for u and all the owners ... which i am sure they will your doing the right thing give them time up until your RMA windows if not send back and get a AIB..

Its the same with the power chocks high pitch squeal with some peeps that put up with it i wouldn't i have sent back many cards cos of this you would not buy and keep a car or a fridge if it did the same so why should it be the same for a GFX.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Founders Edition fan issue is going to be fixed in the next driver:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...1080-founder-issue-fan-issue-updated-6-2-16-/

"
Update 6/1/16 - We are testing a driver fix to address the random spin up/down fan issue.
Update 6/2/16 - Driver fix so far has passed internal testing. Fix will be part of our next driver release.
"

Thanks bud. Did see comment they were working on getting it fix done, glad to see its happened now. Fingers crossed for new drivers then :)

Soldato
My resistance is good. Priced up a new PC today including EVGA 1080 but have binned the basket for another few weeks as can't decide on exact spec of system, or exactly what I want out of the system!
Came to £3000

Soldato
Just got mine installed.

IMG_5394_zpsgcnbicwj.jpg

Soldato
My card is in transit, gonna be here on Monday. Gonna give PC big clean and re format when install card.

Witcher 3 is main reason for Nvidia over AMD this time. Want to play through the new expansion and GTX 1080 gives so many more FPS than all the other cards.

Soldato
Looking good. Certainly interested in seeing the OC SLI vs 1080 OC though. Or even 1080 SLI OC vs 980Ti SLI OC.

interesting for 2 reasons, one when I had ti SLI the scaling was almost non-existant, no where near 98% utilisation, so that has improved at least (I'm no longer playing witcher 3 though, so not much use to me now)

the other is actually how close a 1080 is to 980ti SLI - I want more FPS in single card, so its looking good from that perspective

Back
Top Bottom