• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Owners Thread

Associate
Are you using Shadowplay to record? Does that lower the FPS a little? I am just wondering because I am trying to compare results and yours seems a little lower than mine even though my system is nearly identical to yours.

Caporegime
Are you using Shadowplay to record? Does that lower the FPS a little? I am just wondering because I am trying to compare results and yours seems a little lower than mine even though my system is nearly identical to yours.

Yep, ShadowPlay and it does lower frames a little. Nothing much mind but enough to make a difference.

Associate
Just about to order an FE card, my main concern is noise. Am I going to be disappointed? I am coming from Gigabyte 970 G1 sli. Thanks

I am not going to overclock, just run at stock.

Associate
Good video, Greg:). Nearly bought one of those G1's today but chickened out at last minute.

Was going to move my TitanX into my ITX build to replace a 780.
Will try and hold off a bit longer. I know I will get the Ti or Titan whatever when it comes out anyway but really want a new toy to play with and see if it helps out my Vive and Rift

Soldato
Great side by side video. Do look forward to seeing others :)

Just about to order an FE card, my main concern is noise. Am I going to be disappointed? I am coming from Gigabyte 970 G1 sli. Thanks

I am not going to overclock, just run at stock.

Stock fan profile is actually very quiet on the card but the boost will reduce. 50% or so will maintain boost fairly easy and at that point the card still runs fairly quiet. It does get noisy when you push higher OC's and try to keep it cool, but sounds like your not doing that anyways.

Man of Honour
Nice.:)

Which AIB partner did you get the card from ?

Posted earlier mate although the pic cuts it off :D

Zotac Founders Edition

20160608_003357.jpg

Better pic

Associate
Thought I would add this here and if you could add me to the list Kaap, that would be appreciated. I rushed this a bit but still happy with how it turned out and lots more testing to come and comparisons.

Great video mate. Anyway who speaks with a London accent gets my vote immediately. Given you a Twitter follow as well

Soldato
Thanks for the review Gregster really helpful for people with TX's/Ti's like me wondering whether to upgrade.

Seems it's about 10fps faster alround, and with low fps down in the 40fps with the TX's (3440*1440) another 10fps is very welcome to keep gsync smooth.

Soldato
1080 does not look that great in those 2 videos tbh, not 25% faster. That is a titan X which is about 5% faster than 980ti though.. Also memory on TX is at 8000 vs 10500 on 1080.

Last edited:
Soldato
The 1080 was never meant to be the successor of the TX, it was silly of them to market it that way, that will come later with the next Ti/TX. What the 1080 is though is the fastest GPU on the market currently, it has faster minium fps and will pull away further in dx12 titles.

Soldato
that titan x should have another 150mhz or more in it where as the 1080 most likely wont have another 100 unless Greg got lucky. I agree with the above statement, they shouldn't have compared it to titan x as its clearly a 980 replacement. That part has bitten them in the behind.

Back
Top Bottom