• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1070 Owners Thread

Associate
They can say what they like....

They can say the 17th if it gets pre-orders in...

The whole Pascal release has been an utter joke.

Agree utter mess ...High prices and rubbish stock...

My understanding is that the 970 was launched at a low price so to hurt AMD at the time...if that was the case then they have shot themselves in there own foot this time round as every post i am reading re the 1070 is mostly negative due to the price there asking for it.

Soldato
negative posts always outweigh positive posts

I wonder if the majority of gfx card sales go to people on forums like these or people that hardly have any knowledge of performance/price comparison that just go to a shop and say 'I want a great PC, build/order it please'

Man of Honour
OP
They have far exceeded my price expectations this round (for the worst) but clearly they are priced at a value people are willing to pay, as they are flying off the shelves.

I will be getting Pascal cards but I am going to wait until around about august so I can get the performance I want at a more reasonable price.:)

Man of Honour
OP
Yer, even with the gouging, the 1080 is too pricey for my liking. I felt the 1070 non FE card was a fair price though but some proper gouging going on with that card at the mo.

Another thing that springs to mind is all the people who rushed to sell their 980 Ti and TitanXs before the 1080 launch in case the Maxwell cards dropped in value a lot. This was probably a mistake as all that has happened is any money that was saved by a quick Maxwell sale is lost again by the Pascal price gouging.

Even worse is with the ex Maxwell owners now needing a new card quick, they have inadvertently made the Pascal price gouging worse.

Associate
The sad thing is that all of the negativity surrounding the launch of the 1080\1070 is solely down to Nvidia.

Fact is they have released 2 really good cards that have received very positive ratings from reviewers, but in their rush to get the product out before stocks are at a decent level, and in setting such ridiculous prices, they have shot themselves in the foot, alienated a lot of people and given AMD a massive chance to regain market share.

Soldato
The sad thing is that all of the negativity surrounding the launch of the 1080\1070 is solely down to Nvidia.

Fact is they have released 2 really good cards that have received very positive ratings from reviewers, but in their rush to get the product out before stocks are at a decent level, and in setting such ridiculous prices, they have shot themselves in the foot, alienated a lot of people and given AMD a massive chance to regain market share.

Do they care? Nope not one bit..

Associate
Another thing that springs to mind is all the people who rushed to sell their 980 Ti and TitanXs before the 1080 launch in case the Maxwell cards dropped in value a lot. This was probably a mistake as all that has happened is any money that was saved by a quick Maxwell sale is lost again by the Pascal price gouging.

Even worse is with the ex Maxwell owners now needing a new card quick, they have inadvertently made the Pascal price gouging worse.

Yes this stung a lot of people you can see the fleabay sold history of sales of the 980ti from a few days before the 1080 launch to just after and some 980ti's went for peanuts even some of the higher end customs too.

Soldato
2hycqki.jpg

Owners list please :)

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8766204

Back
Top Bottom