• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon RX 480 "Polaris" Launched at $199

OcUK Staff
When are AIB cards due, Gibbo?

Unknown, right now my focus is MBA boards, I think it is the nicest design of them all, sometimes less is more and the AMD ref cooler looks really nice in my opinion and the cooler is fantastic, particular good for Crossfire and small chassis also which a lot of AIB cards are not. :)

bru

bru

Soldato
I can easily envisage in two weeks time, all the listings for the 480 to say pre-order, or out of stock, as the wait for non reference cards goes on. Let us hope it isn't anywhere near as bad as it has been for the guys waiting for the EVGA FTW 1080's with the arrival date keeps getting pushed back.

Caporegime
Awesome, was hoping for something aftermarket cooled but if the stock cooler is good then the stock cooler it is.

Only issue might be is that if the rumours are true then its only the AIB with aftermarket coolers that will have extra power connectors and hence might be the 1500 to 1800 overclocking cards.................

We shall just have to wait and see how well the reference overclocks.

Caporegime
Unknown, right now my focus is MBA boards, I think it is the nicest design of them all, sometimes less is more and the AMD ref cooler looks really nice in my opinion and the cooler is fantastic, particular good for Crossfire and small chassis also which a lot of AIB cards are not. :)

Yeah i agree, i like the dark chrome look and with a board power of 100 watts i have no doubt it runs cool and quiet.

But its not what i'm looking for, AIB's will no doubt up the board power and stick much more capable coolers on them, which should enable much higher overclocking.

If the rumours are true i'm willing to pay £300 for a good one.

OcUK Staff
I'm going for an aftermarket cooled version so will have to wait a few more weeks after the 29th I guess. Maybe they will be on pre-order?

OcUK will be first with all cards just like 1080 and 1070. :)

We are Kings of VGA, that won't change when it comes to AMD! :)

So the moment I get a sniff of custom cards they shall be online. I know board partners have them but whether they want to launch is another thing, I have even held the Sapphire ones when I was in Asia couple weeks ago.

Caporegime
Of course they will sell well, if I listened to the forum half the time we'd sell nothing. :D

They will be a huge hit just like 1070 and 1080 have being. :)

My guess is that so long as you have decent quantity that ignoring the pre-orders on 1070/80s you will ship more 480s in the first week than you have 70/80s in the first month :p

Soldato
Only issue might be is that if the rumours are true then its only the AIB with aftermarket coolers that will have extra power connectors and hence might be the 1500 to 1800 overclocking cards.................

We shall just have to wait and see how well the reference overclocks.

well one guys leaks did say that 1400mhz should be easy to achieve on reference, maybe 1500 on some higher ASIC quality parts.

OcUK Staff
My guess is that so long as you have decent quantity that ignoring the pre-orders on 1070/80s you will ship more 480s in the first week than you have 70/80s in the first month :p

Doubtful, we have shipped well over 1000 on 1080 already, we have had a lot of 1080 stocks, but the sales are totally insane on that part, even beyond the sales what 970 was at launch.

Kudos to NVIDIA for launching a product at twice the MSRP and still selling more. :)

Caporegime
With a Red top this time :D
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29545264&postcount=1140
13308270_10154164369632230_8877514451810037138_o.jpg

Thats a cracking set of bangers :)

:D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Doubtful, we have shipped well over 1000 on 1080 already, we have had a lot of 1080 stocks, but the sales are totally insane on that part, even beyond the sales what 970 was at launch.

Kudos to NVIDIA for launching a product at twice the MSRP and still selling more. :)

You donts see the AMD $199 card selling a 1000 in the first month then Gibbo?

Disappointed as can only mean its not as good as we thought :(

Back
Top Bottom