• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Owners Thread

Associate
I'm afraid if I post it publicly they'll take it down. They already removed 90% of the ways to check cus everyone was doing it, but there is still one way

Trust msg maybe? Or pm if you're on OC3D?

Update from EVGA:

"Hello,

You will still receive your 1080 ACX 3.0 through the step-up process. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Regards,
EVGA"

Nothing interesting here, please ignore.

5F44WPY.jpg

On troh lol

But wtf Kaap, that's awesome! Which edition? Pics when you have the girls in please!

Last edited:
Soldato
make sure g sync is off it will limit frames to 100 lol

also 1080p in benchies :D

Ah damn it yeah gsync on, killing my fps down to 100fps cause of my monitor, scoring 19150 now. Now to squeeze some more. :p

I could kiss you!

I have corsair obsidian 550d silent. It has a noise filter over the intake fans. I have removed this and my temps have dropped to 49c in firestrike ultra. So relieved.

Thanks very much for your help.

edit: Just realised how stupid I have been, that noise filter should have been removed when the fans were installed!!!

Haha thats excellent, dont worry about it we all make silly mistakes in this game thats what makes it so fun when it turns out to be something simple, and the reason these threads exsist to help people out, now you can enjoy your new card. :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
"Hello,

You will still receive your 1080 ACX 3.0 through the step-up process. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Regards,
EVGA"

"
Dear X,

Thank you for your recent request for Step-up. We are sending this email to notify you of an update to the status of your Step-up request, which was submitted prior to June 21st of 2016 at 11AM PDT, for the product model X.

Due to an unforeseen delay caused by higher than expected requests and limited availability for the 08G-P4-6181-KR Graphics card, we are updating you to the SC model 08G-P4-6183-KR at no additional cost. This card has the same hardware as the one requested, but it has been tested at faster speeds and factory overclocked for more performance out of the box."

Not bad :D
Also I emailed you

Last edited:
Associate
This just in:

"Due to an unforeseen delay caused by higher than expected requests and limited availability for the 08G-P4-6181-KR Graphics card, we are updating you to the SC model 08G-P4-6183-KR at no additional cost. This card has the same hardware as the one requested, but it has been tested at faster speeds and factory overclocked for more performance out of the box."

That's an SC model for only the shipping costs lol

Edit: hey you too Trooper! Congrats man, love EVGA!

Soldato
Nothing interesting here, please ignore.

5F44WPY.jpg

I cried a little. That's some serious firepower very nice sir :D are you going to WC?

Will be awsome to see how in benchmarks at least the 4 1080s stack up against the Titan'xs and Fury's or even 980Tis as I gather those KP ones are some of the best around.

Man of Honour
OP
I cried a little. That's some serious firepower very nice sir :D are you going to WC?

Will be awsome to see how in benchmarks at least the 4 1080s stack up against the Titan'xs and Fury's or even 980Tis as I gather those KP ones are some of the best around.

I will see how they go on air as to if I watercool them. It won't be difficult as the PC they will be going in can be changed from air to watercooled cards in seconds.

Associate
Thanks Trooper! 937. That's an SC for about 8 quid (postage only) :D luckily they have a boat load of SC models :)

I'm #1767.. Haha. Not in any rush though since my current card is going fine.

I could have just bought a 1080 SC straight away but I wanted a card right now, so that's why I got a 980Ti FTW. Seems it saved me some cash in the end anyways, even with postage.

Associate
I'm #1767.. Haha. Not in any rush though since my current card is going fine.

I could have just bought a 1080 SC straight away but I wanted a card right now, so that's why I got a 980Ti FTW. Seems it saved me some cash in the end anyways, even with postage.

I had planned on running the Ti Classified until Pascal Ti Classified, then the 1080 unexpectedly came out and I had 20 days left for the Step-Up. It was a no brainer.

Back
Top Bottom