• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1080 Owners Thread

Soldato
OK the prices have gone back down for the 1080 GTX. The STRIX was 659 and then went up to 698. Now its back to 659 again.

A sensible move i feel.

I think OCUK possibly realised that putting up the prices straight away was an obvious urine extraction, Hence the price lowering again.

They didn't have to do it though so it's decent of them.

Soldato
Is the general consensus that single 8-pin vs the 6+8 and 8+8 on the other cards will not make much difference to the OC potential or the real world gaming performance of the 1080? Or has this view changed lately? I am looking to get the cheaper KFA2 clown card and put a block on it, but just want to make sure I'm not limiting myself in any significant or noticeable way by getting a single 8-pin card?

Soldato
I have 2x EVGA Founder Editions arriving tomorrow,
I have the original EVGA sli bridge, anyone know if this will function fine without limiting the cards?

Went with SLI again as I have a 34" Predator monitor with g'sync.

Soldato
Is the general consensus that single 8-pin vs the 6+8 and 8+8 on the other cards will not make much difference to the OC potential or the real world gaming performance of the 1080? Or has this view changed lately? I am looking to get the cheaper KFA2 clown card and put a block on it, but just want to make sure I'm not limiting myself in any significant or noticeable way by getting a single 8-pin card?

Looks to be not making an inkling of difference and really the silicon lottery itself playing the biggest role. Once under water should remove the thermal throttling aspect.

Soldato
Looks to be not making an inkling of difference and really the silicon lottery itself playing the biggest role. Once under water should remove the thermal throttling aspect.

Thanks, that pretty much confirms what I've been reading then which is good.

I may have missed it in this thread, but does anyone know when the KFA2 clowns will be in stock? Is there going to be a long wait list for this card given it's the cheapest?

Associate
Finally got around to pics of the new card.

fbcf8ab1d6c25bcd213798611c3443ca_zpskyvhyvuf.jpg
[/IMG]

773a754cc8b0ae2c7507d05ea6ac814b_zpswumx0kdi.jpg
[/IMG]

Soldato
I have the original EVGA sli bridge, anyone know if this will function fine without limiting the cards?

Went with SLI again as I have a 34" Predator monitor with g'sync.

Should be no problems with that bridge, but it wouldn't hurt to get a new one if you want to ensure there is no limitation.

SLI with these cards is perfect to drive an X34/PG348Q runs absolutely perfect in SLI for me on my PG348Q.

Enjoy the cards :).

Soldato
Should be no problems with that bridge, but it wouldn't hurt to get a new one if you want to ensure there is no limitation.

SLI with these cards is perfect to drive an X34/PG348Q runs absolutely perfect in SLI for me on my PG348Q.

Enjoy the cards :).

Cheers Buddy,

They will be in my TT Core P5 case, so will look good on display :)
Will get some pics up once installed and the wife has stopped hitting my over the head with a frying pan :eek:

Associate
I have the original EVGA sli bridge, anyone know if this will function fine without limiting the cards?.

Chances are slim to none that you will get any performance benefit with a HB bridge over your 2nd Gen LED bridge at at Ultrawide 2k. NVIDIA made a slide showing a slight performance deficit with a HB bridge vs normal SLI bridge at 11k lol.

Back
Top Bottom