• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1070 Owners Thread

Permabanned
The armour is a awesome card been having a play today :) I gone from running doom at a slide show on my 770's to running it on ultra @ 1440p around 90 fps.I was worried my i5 2500k would hold me back a bit but doesn't seem to be the case but I do have it clocked at 4.8

Noise wise seems no louder then the case fans I have, I notice very little difference in noise having the fan on 100% compared to 40 unless you really trying to hear it. And as temps I not seen it go over 60c yet.

The card its self feels very well made. Looks wise doesn't look anything special no fancy lights or anything. But the thing is huge sticks out a lot so make sure you got the space for it.

I took a few pics but my camera is naff so not worth posting :p

Overall very happy :) Gonna try gta 5 soon might finally be able to run it without all the stuttering :)

Last edited:
Soldato
That's good to hear. Got to choose which PC I put my amp extreme in. My sim racing rig which currently has my 970 in it running triple screens with a i5 6600 or my gaming PC which is 3440x1440 with an i5 2500k @ 4.4, might be getting a vive so it would def have to be the gaming rig if I get it.

Associate
The armour is a awesome card been having a play today :) I gone from running doom at a slide show on my 770's to running it on ultra @ 1440p around 90 fps.I was worried my i5 2500k would hold me back a bit but doesn't seem to be the case but I do have it clocked at 4.8

Noise wise seems no louder then the case fans I have, I notice very little difference in noise having the fan on 100% compared to 40 unless you really trying to hear it. And as temps I not seen it go over 60c yet.

The card its self feels very well made. Looks wise doesn't look anything special no fancy lights or anything. But the thing is huge sticks out a lot so make sure you got the space for it.

Overall very happy :) Gonna try gta 5 soon might finally be able to run it without all the stuttering :)

Oh man!! You've got me very excited for finishing work now!!
Cheers for the mini review.
You on overwatch tonight? Hoping I may get to test it out,just waiting on my monitor to arrive now!

Associate
Guys, a couple of questions if I may...

So is the MSI Gaming X the one to go for at the moment?

Also I game at 1080p for now. But its pretty likely I'll be going 1440p at some point. Will a 1070 still cut it at 1440p? 1080 isn't needed is it?

There's no particular model above the others this time around, too efficient and the locked voltage doesn't help either.

1070 is the best card at 1440p, just like 980ti was until a few weeks ago - nothing changed :D

Permabanned
I game at 1440p I don't regret it. Every game I have run so far no stutters or lag can really crank the settings up I would have loved a 1080 no doubt but I just couldn't afford the extra cost of it but coming from a 770 to a 1070 is a big upgrade I think coming from the 900 series I may have been a bit more disappointed.

I say 1080 would be a better investment longer term or if you plan to go for 4k but if you got the money for a decent 4k monitor you properly got the money for a 1080 :)

Oh man!! You've got me very excited for finishing work now!!
Cheers for the mini review.
You on overwatch tonight? Hoping I may get to test it out,just waiting on my monitor to arrive now!

Yeah I will be on soon it runs overwatch amazing

Last edited:
Associate
Any one bought a 1070 for 1440p and then regretted the purchase and thought 'damn I should have bought a 1080 as this 1070 is struggling'?

The 980Ti was The card for 1440p. The 1070 is a future proof 980Ti.

I'm upgrading from a 980Ti and still can't justify spending more for a 1080 - they're just too close, yet 200£ apart.

Associate
Got 2 Gaming Xs in SLI (1920x1200 until I get a better monitor). Extremely quiet, though stock fan curve is far too conservative for my needs, with the fans only turning on at 60C. I put it at 50% as the default speed so it idles at about 40C overclocked.

Took the memory up from 8 to 9.5 GHz without really trying, though only managed to get 100 MHz more on the core clock so far. Must be either some weirdness with either GPU Boost 3.0 or various monitoring tools because I only added 100MHz yet get a core clock of just over 2000Mhz, even though the specs state in OC mode it boosts to 1797MHz.

The Heaven benchmark so far has gone from 150.8FPS average out the box to 180.9 at Ultra settings. Probably more to squeeze out of it yet!

Soldato
Took the memory up from 8 to 9.5 GHz without really trying, though only managed to get 100 MHz more on the core clock so far. Must be either some weirdness with either GPU Boost 3.0 or various monitoring tools because I only added 100MHz yet get a core clock of just over 2000Mhz, even though the specs state in OC mode it boosts to 1797MHz.
Every Nvidia card I've ever owned has gone well over its listed boost clock out of the box. I'm currently running my Gaming X at +100MHz on the base clock too, and the actual stable boost clock in-game is 2038MHz. Haven't tried pushing it further yet.

Soldato
I'm waiting for mine to arrive any moment ,sadly at work,if you don't get any responses regarding noise on the armour I shall do it for you when I get home.

There are a few people who have commented on there armour in this thread in the last two or three pages so maybe look back(all were positive)

quiet as a mouse, never herd it once. no coil whine either.

its silent the fans dont kick in till it his 60c and even then i cant notice them

Thanks guys (and anyone I missed), you've helped me decide!

Soldato
My new 1070 :)
Gainward Golden Sample
2nlv0xg.jpg

Associate
Any one bought a 1070 for 1440p and then regretted the purchase and thought 'damn I should have bought a 1080 as this 1070 is struggling'?

Not at all. I was running MSI 290x 4GB at 1440p and that was ok but this 1070 at 1440p is ridiculous. Im getting 75/80fps on the division with everything maxed apart from AA and 130/140fps on Overwatch with the same settings.

RIDICULOUS

EDIT: And the 1070 is silent and cold when playing those whereas the 290x was like a supernova and loud as a hairdryer, so that helps!

Back
Top Bottom