• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal GTX 1070 Owners Thread

Associate
Well, just ordered the KFA2 EX OC, pretty much a straight upgrade from the card I have now. Hopefully will be just as happy.

I quite like the small Lego man as a anti sag device though haha.

TJM

TJM

Associate
My Zotac Amp Extreme has just landed and I'm happy with it, but I wanted some advice on whether I should bother overclocking.

Out of the box and under load, GPU-Z gives the core clock as 1999.5MHz and the memory clock as 2052MHz. The Heaven benchmark gives different stats - 2037MHz and 4104MHz (2052x2) respectively. Is this card a decent performer already?

Soldato
That's pretty good, you can probably get a little more out of it but it won't make much difference other than a few points in benchmarks.

Memory could probably go to 4400+ though no problem.

Soldato
My MSI boosts to anywhere between 1940-1965mhz out of the box but I think it won't go past 2050mhz when OC'd. I've increased the core clock OC by 10mhz from +130 to +140 and it's the same:mad:

I also saw my highest temp today with the card touching 68c occasionally in RoTR at 75-80% usage, still not too bad.

Associate
Maybe someone could start a thread about cards sagging as it is an important problem and manufacturers could do more to prevent it.

I think end users should be less tolerant of sagging in the same way as they are of coil whine.

My KFA2 HOF came with a adjustable pole and bracket to stop sag not fitted it but at least they are doing something and this card is big !

Associate
Just ordered the Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP Extreme Spectra RGB, free next day delivery. I hope that it means I will have it for tomorrow, I wish I could have afforded a 1080 custom of the same sorts but the prices for the 1080 customs are insane just now and they don't give a corresponding bang for buck ratio increase which means it makes no sense.

Caporegime
My Zotac Amp Extreme has just landed and I'm happy with it, but I wanted some advice on whether I should bother overclocking.

Out of the box and under load, GPU-Z gives the core clock as 1999.5MHz and the memory clock as 2052MHz. The Heaven benchmark gives different stats - 2037MHz and 4104MHz (2052x2) respectively. Is this card a decent performer already?

Same as mine. I stuck 50mhz on the core and mem for a quick timespy run which was fine. Might have a play to see where it maxes out at but for gaming/everyday i will probably just leave it as stock. 2ghz is out of the box is plenty.

Caporegime
Hey Jono, noticed you put a TimeSpy score up. Do you plan to OC the card more, or like me just use it on stock?

I managed a Graphics Score of 6517, but due to my CPU I end up with a lower overall score of 6228 :(:p:D

I might do when i get the chance, just to see how far it goes. I just stuck 50mhz on the core and mem just to see whats what.

For gaming/everyday i will likely just keep it as it is (out of the box).

Last edited:
Soldato
Sign me up,over boosts to 1961mz same cooler as the 1080 and no coil whine.

IMG_0097_zpse8yjq8wa.jpg

IMG_0099_zps8fagmysk.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Maybe someone could start a thread about cards sagging as it is an important problem and manufacturers could do more to prevent it.

I think end users should be less tolerant of sagging in the same way as they are of coil whine.

How to deal with card sag.

7oQUNmz.jpg

I love my Silverstone case :)

Ok, i am away to dust and hoover the inside of it, not been done for a month :(

HE4mQ

Back
Top Bottom