• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Pascal Titan X and XP Owners Thread

Soldato
As much as I might regret this purchase if a full blown titan with hbm2 comes out at chrismas and cut down ti with hbm2 comes out as well, thats 5 months away and I want to play now. And then you will know that the 1180 will only be 5 months after that and the 1180 titan a few months after again. Plus they are meant to be the next massive jump, pascal is just an infill that didnt even exist on the roadmap until a few years ago. I can easily see the 1180 next year ripping the current titan to shreds for half the money.

Been itching to upgrade for a year. If I hadn't had to wait for my 1080s for two months probably wouldn't have bought the titan though lol.

So I will take my 60fps 4k now and be prepared to lose half its money when the 1180 comes out next year.

Yeah I understand. Struggling for me because I have two 1080's which are beating a single TXP in the vast 90% of games I play. Not having much of an issue with SLI performance here.

So you can understand why I'm trying to hold off to the next set of cards. Seems a better choice waiting for Ti or even 1180.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Personally if I was running two 1080s I wouldnt be swapping as so long as SLI keeps been supported you have the fastest setup now. Having two un opened 1080s sat here which already had cost me more than the titan plus I would need to order the waterblocks for them I though I may as well swap.

Esp since you have invested in blocks already.

Associate
As much as I might regret this purchase if a full blown titan with hbm2 comes out at chrismas and cut down ti with hbm2

It won't happen, not with HBM2 for sure - I was holding out for Titan with it but it's clear now only Volta will get it proper, at least a year away.

Soldato
Yeah I understand. Struggling for me because I have two 1080's which are beating a single TXP in the vast 90% of games I play. Not having much of an issue with SLI performance here.

So you can understand why I'm trying to hold off to the next set of cards. Seems a better choice waiting for Ti or even 1180.

Off topic sorry - I asked in a previous post but you didn't reply, have you any more links to pics of your pc? Or a build log

Caporegime
It won't happen, not with HBM2 for sure - I was holding out for Titan with it but it's clear now only Volta will get it proper, at least a year away.

A year is a long long time for Nvidia not to release a top card though.................I can see Volta hitting in January 2017 now though.

Last edited:
Associate
No there isn't. If there was I would buy the Titan XP right now. Many people have asked on the EVGA forums if one is in the works and EVGA's product manager Jacob said it's one to two months away.

Hmmm, 1-2 months of air cooling with reference blowers then a possible EVGA solution, or a brand new complete water cooling solution with EK blocks and all of the learning that comes with it. Could be fun!

Associate
Ran some benchmarks

For all tests [email protected], same PC

Score, Card, Core, Memory, Driver (according to 3dmark)

Time Spy
8882 - Air OC Titan X 2012/1373 (10.18.13.6905)
8049 - Stock Titan X 1797/1251 (10.18.13.6905)
5614 - 980ti - clocks says 22982/13365 can't be right .... (10.18.13.6881)

Fire Strike Extreme 1.1
13,384 - Air OC Titan X 2025/1373 (10.18.13.6905)
12,511 - Stock Titan X 1810/1251 (10.18.13.6905)
8,406 - 980ti 1368/2052 (10.18.13.6881)

Confusing how it reads memory clock, using EVGA precision i've got +199mhz on GPU Clock and +496Mhz on Mem Clock

Soldato
I am still on SLI 980ti#s and was waiting for big pascal, but I think I will wait until a new TI is released, or at least wait until closer to the end of the year before another purchase.

Benchmarks look good, so I am hopeful for the future cards coming out

Soldato
In your shoes, I wouldn't be swapping.

Yeah decided not too. Been playing quite a few games and absolutely no issues with performance on the cards. Run beautfully.

As much as i'd love a TX Pascal. Don't think i can bring myself to spend £2500ish for both cards and i'd rather run both 1080's than a single TX pascal at the minute because they are already installed.

I'm waiting for the 1080Ti or 1180 i guess. Possibly the new Titan next year :p

Associate
Somebody asked a while back if we were happy with our purchases. I definately am, although it looks lonely in my case, where there were 2 780tis.

I'd have already pulled the trigger on 2 AIB 1080s by now, if they were more plentiful though. I even nearly went for a preorder on them, convinced myself to wait. Glad I did :)

While it wouldn't be fair to say SLI has been a train wreck of poor support for me, it's also not either smooth sailing. Several games have had issues at launch for me. AAA games at that, if you play games as soon as they come out, then expect problems. I had to delay a few games, while waiting for proper sli support/fixes. Otherwise half of the money you spent is just sitting there, eating electricity, doing nothing. If you're prepared to wait, which isn't a terrible thing to do (makes sense with todays buggy launch versions), then it's not only cheaper with deals, but bug free too. I'm not normally that patient though.... I have a rift CV1 (and also a dk2), and sli doesn't really work well - so wanted the fastest single card available, might be expensive, but all my money's being used, all the time. (well ok, not the extra that went to the 12gb of vram on it.... but you get the idea)

Glad to see that the TX pascal seems to be OCing nicely. Not had a go at that yet, as lost my taste for it with this build, a while back for a number of reasons - so never got into fitting a custom loop - my 4770k wasn't great, needed too many volts to even get to 4.3Ghz - but its temps were good, so just stuck with the h100i. That and the 900D hasn't really blown me away, it's not as perfect as I thought it should be for the money. This new card is a noisy beast, so think this is the start of a custom loop in order to tame it! May even try and find a decent cpu to include in it.

Damn this year's turning out to be expensive!

Associate
TROH here we go!

titan.png

:D :p

Run a few benchmarks, seems around 50% quicker than my 980 TI with Windforce cooler - seems to be boosting to 1911 Mhz, stock cooler is a lot QUIETER, which is big plus! Might not even bother with liquid cooling later...

Associate
Damn. Just started playing games properly this evening. I can hear coil whine from my Titan. It is a constant mild buzzing. Even if I vsync my frames to 60fps it still buzzes. This is the first time I have experienced this from a reference design card and I can clearly hear it through my case.
I will be returning for an exchange. Anyone else hear buzzing? Feel quite deflated now.

Back
Top Bottom