• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OZONE 3D SOFT SHADOWS BENCH

Soldato
ozone1.jpg

6600@3ghz - GTX@645/1025 Windows x64

gt

Man of Honour
If its using simple shader ops then its possible... for simple shaders the x1950XT/XTX has some serious brute force crunching...

Associate
killer_uk said:
Hehe, I've just been saying to tom, what have we been thinking buying 2900XTS? The x1950 is clearly suprior. :p
Look i'm in an extremely good generous mood tonight and this is a once and only lifetime oppotunity,so i'll take your 2900xt off your hands in exchange for my x1950xt.Sold as seen ( image will be emailed once dusted off)no come backs you pay p&p.
Just think 2996pts on the ozone bench,guranteed willy waver ;)

Soldato
art1cfox said:
Look i'm in an extremely good generous mood tonight and this is a once and only lifetime oppotunity,so i'll take your 2900xt off your hands in exchange for my x1950xt.Sold as seen ( image will be emailed once dusted off)no come backs you pay p&p.
Just think 2996pts on the ozone bench,guranteed willy waver ;)

I'm not one to take advantage of someones generosity. Thanks anyway :p

Associate
OP
Down1oader said:
hrm im only getting 3800 marks with 633/996mhz clocks on my gtx with 158.45 drivers. How on earth do you get 5k?
http://surana.adsl24.co.uk/images/PC/oczone1.JPG

For XP I still use 97.92 WHQL as these give by far the highest FPS of all the 8series drivers. You'll most likely clock your card higher with 97.92 aswell.

My 5k run was done with clocks at 663/1024mhz and I'm using an ASUS EN8800GTS 640MB
MoD_Callidus said:
Callidus.jpg

I'm happy with that from a £60 gfx card

Too right mate, very nice :)

Man of Honour
3dscorezv0.jpg

Quite rubbish really considering I just spent £280 on a new graphics card...hmmm.....will have to look into it this summer!

Edit - not sure what branching does but I suppose this is a little bit better lol?

3dscoreeooorr9.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
killer_uk said:
This test seems really flawed, I mean X1950s beating 8800GTSs and 2900XTs? Very strange. :confused:

Configurations vary, visual settings vary, aswell as a host of other factors. I shouldn't need to tell you that. How do you know everyone has the exact same driver settings?

Rroff said:
If its using simple shader ops then its possible... for simple shaders the x1950XT/XTX has some serious brute force crunching...

This is OPENGL mate, not DX.....it may be entirely possible that an X1950XT can render OPENGL better than an X2900.
greenlizard0 said:
3dscorezv0.jpg

Quite rubbish really considering I just spent £280 on a new graphics card...hmmm.....will have to look into it this summer!

Edit - not sure what branching does but I suppose this is a little bit better lol?
Not rubbish at all mate......I bet there's loads left in that card.

Tom|Nbk said:
GTS owners wouldn't worry its just some ****** benchmark, really wouldnt get bothered about it.

Now now Tom, calm down. If you were 2nd would you be saying that? I think not. Perhaps you need to tweak some settings or OC a bit more? Like I've said, this is OPEN GL, so you can't expect the scores to land exactly the same as a DX benchmark, and when they don't, call foul.

silversurfer said:
4qe0j84.jpg

Why are some of the scores in green and some red
Green for NVIDIA....Red for ATi :)

----------------------
All updated guys

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom