• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OZONE 3D SOFT SHADOWS BENCH

Soldato
I can't run the test myself as I don't have a working rig but what's up with the results here?

We've got 8800GTSes benching below X1950 Pros, yet yours SOLDNER is top? :confused:

What's this thing rendering exactly? :p :D

Associate
OP
This page will explain it quicker and easier than I ever could :)

http://www.ozone3d.net/demos_projects/soft_shadows_benchmark.php

As for the varying difference in scores....well....imagine an SLi'd 8800GTX rig with 16x AA/16xQ AF/VSYNC on/HIGH QUALITY/TRIPPLE BUFFERING all enabled....running STOCK..lol

Now compare that to my ballsed out 8800GTS without ANY enabled....and clocked significantly higher.....now couple that with a driver that spews out FPS for fun.....and what do you get......an 8800GTS on TOP and a bunch of disgruntled others....lol

I really shouldn't have to be saying this kinda stuff. I mean do you guys run 3D MARK at max quality settings or what? lol

Wait 'till JOKESTER makes an appearance....he'll show us all how it's done...I think ;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
SOLDNER-MOFO64 said:
This is OPENGL mate, not DX.....it may be entirely possible that an X1950XT can render OPENGL better than an X2900.

eh? Open GL still uses shaders... while I can believe the possibility could exist that the x1950 might handle open gl better than the x2900... I find it hard to believe its doing that much better than 7900 or 8800 series cards in open gl...

Associate
OP
Rroff said:
eh? Open GL still uses shaders... while I can believe the possibility could exist that the x1950 might handle open gl better than the x2900... I find it hard to believe its doing that much better than 7900 or 8800 series cards in open gl...

Like I've said...I could show you an SLi rig with even lower scores.....depends how I configure it. Just as some guys with GTX's score 8-9k in 06 whereas some GTS owners can pull 11K...there's nothing fishy.....just dif configs.

Tweak your rig the same as you would when attempting to break your own 3D MARK 06 record , and re-run. I mean half the guys here are posting "C2D & card at stock" scores..lol

Don't submit STOCK scores this is a TOP-LIST.....you don't submit STOCK scores to the 3D MARK 06 thread.....lol

lay-z-boy said:
Hey mofo, minor niggle but I just thought I would say I wasn't using a 7900GTX rather a GO 7900GTX (in a laptop), big difference between the two. :)

fixed accordingly :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Quite shocking really + ashamed :(

untitledzd3.png

Associate
OP
go for it mate....I'll hold your jacket ;) lol

bearing in mind he's runnin' XP, and you Vista....no doubt ATi's VISTA drivers for the 2900XT need time to mature.....yet you're already level.

So this X1950XT smoking HD2900XT scenario may well be down to that. I ain't an ATi guy so I can't really say for sure....but it certainly looks that way.

PHEW.....panic over :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom