• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4K using PCI-E 1.0 , 2.0 and 3.0 what a shocker !!!

Is the fact that AMD are not using an external bridge between the cards for the 290x contributing to higher PCI-E bandwidth being used now that they are routing the communication between the cards in crossfire across the PCI-E so therefore using them in PCI-E 3.0 mode yields better performance?
That's what I was wondering, because there isn't anything I can think of about increasing resolution that should stress the PCI-E bus more. Most of the data being sent from the CPU to the GPU should be identical whether it's 4K or 1080p.

What's the difference in single card between the PCI-E modes?

Is the fact that AMD are not using an external bridge between the cards for the 290x contributing to higher PCI-E bandwidth being used now that they are routing the communication between the cards in crossfire across the PCI-E so therefore using them in PCI-E 3.0 mode yields better performance?

Just run Sleeping Dogs on 4 stock Titans

4 x Titan @837/1502

3930k @4.0

4K 60htz

PCI-E 3.0 x16/x8/x8x/x8
f18u7BN.jpg

PCI-E 2.0 x16/x8/x8x/x8
b5RalP8.jpg

PCI-E 1.0 x16/x8/x8x/x8
wzGVmUP.jpg

Notable drop going from PCI-E 3.0 to 2.0 and huge drop going from 2.0 to 1.0

I also ran a single Titan @stock x16 with PCI-E 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 but it is not worth posting the screenshots as the results were identical to within 1/10 of a FPS.

Last edited:
I don't need anything faster, my favourite games are things like Civ5 where screen size is more important.:)

Ahh cooleo, Yeah same here pretty much, Not too keen on the twitch shooters, More of an Anno player myself :)

Decided to join you in the land of 4K and got this beauty :D

4k, 1ms, 60Hz, No USB hubs, Card readers or speakers, Just the way I like it :)

Just played a bit of Batman Arkham Origins and I was quite pleased with the performance, Maxed out no AA was hovering around 50-60 which considering I'm only running 1 x 780 Ti I thought the performance was damn good :)

8Y2E3sr.jpg.png

Ahh cooleo, Yeah same here pretty much, Not too keen on the twitch shooters, More of an Anno player myself :)

Decided to join you in the land of 4K and got this beauty :D

4k, 1ms, 60Hz, No USB hubs, Card readers or speakers, Just the way I like it :)

Just played a bit of Batman Arkham Origins and I was quite pleased with the performance, Maxed out no AA was hovering around 50-60 which considering I'm only running 1 x 780 Ti I thought the performance was damn good :)

8Y2E3sr.jpg.png

Very nice.:)

Don't forget a lot of the bench threads have 4K sections now and we could do with more results.:D

Back
Top Bottom