8pack Supernova - build log!

Associate
Best be a troll. Awful colours! Everything else is sexy though. Calling red and black cables! Red and black so over done, but there is a reason for it. Hell I even have a red and black theme.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mines very similar build and pulls just over 1350w when gunning for it too.

Those gpus need volt control :p

My 1200w plat runs mine just fine though. 1500w seems a little excessive for Blacks.

Last edited:
Soldato
I use a BIOS from Ed over on OCN. Even with all three running 1300 core and over 2050 memory at 1.212v, DRAM 1.7 VCCSA at 1.2v VTT at 1.2v and vcore at 1.43v the psu didn't give any signs of kicking out :)

I know these systems are all about pushing to the limits but that's pretty much all you'll get out of 3 Blacks give or take a few mhz. :p

If you're looking at running those settings or higher 24/7 then kudos. Also disappointed you're not going with that colour scheme :D

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I use a BIOS from Ed over on OCN. Even with all three running 1300 core and over 2050 memory at 1.212v, DRAM 1.7 VCCSA at 1.2v VTT at 1.2v and vcore at 1.43v the psu didn't give any signs of kicking out :)

I know these systems are all about pushing to the limits but that's pretty much all you'll get out of 3 Blacks give or take a few mhz. :p

If you're looking at running those settings or higher 24/7 then kudos. Also disappointed you're not going with that colour scheme :D

Sounds pretty similar. We spent ages trying to sort out the issue when the system kept crashing in games even though everything was stable when tested individually. Then we brought out the power draw meter and found the problem straight away. We even tried another 1200w platinum, which is why we didn't spot it was a power issue straight away.

Associate
OP
Here it is guys.. the moment you've all been waiting for..

It's finished!

And I'm just gonna let the pictures do the talking this time.

Enjoy! :D

ZEndHH7.jpg

jH8Hafg.jpg

l6cPvy7.jpg

Wf55fIc.jpg

xpfJ8eb.jpg

BeUJbSu.jpg

99bLwjt.jpg

ruBEkOq.jpg

zl2SCEW.jpg

A99a1Qj.jpg

V53miLL.jpg

DE56NlE.jpg

kPh12Dv.jpg

IIbEgxa.jpg

Vztbpi7.jpg

sIb2XDZ.jpg

yDqfchT.jpg

mBouDU2.jpg

p8Se5oo.jpg

VbZJG64.jpg

The customer asked 8pack to sign this one.

wONxL6k.jpg

BOyx7Zs.jpg

V48Q3WL.jpg
Rag it!

Time to pack the monster in it's own flight case
MeVBMmH.jpg

Lots of expanding foam bags needed in this huge case
qwYG9Un.jpg

PGygXM5.jpg

And finally the 8pack welcome pack that comes with all test results, user guides, and 8packs contact details for advice/support!
UWJcukZ.jpg

Hope you guys have enjoyed this build log! If you did, keep your eyes peeled for the next one that'll be coming in the next couple of weeks...

Also keep an eye on this thread for some bonus pictures of the customer's set up!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom