8pack Supernova - build log!

Associate
OP
LOL only way to see how good it performs is to spend 10k expensive question. nice 2/3 of a build log :(

you guys didn't even colour match the LG player?

Or you could ask me nicely to upload the benchmark results...

We plastidipped the back of the bluray drive so there's not a huge silver box inside the case.

Associate

Pretty please? :D

I can only imagine how much shipping would have cost, that's one massive hard case too- Pelican?

I also want to know how you did that lit up flexbay solid cover in the bottom if you don't mind sharing.

Great work all round!

Associate
OP
The only thing I'd change - make the window bigggaaaa

They do have a bigger version, but there's not much going on to the right of the motherboard. You can see the res when looking straight on and any larger window would be looking at plain black. I couldn't get a picture straight on because you'd just get a reflection of my mug covering everything lol.

I can only imagine how much shipping would have cost, that's one massive hard case too- Pelican?

I also want to know how you did that lit up flexbay solid cover in the bottom if you don't mind sharing.

Great work all round!

Shipping is not cheap with these systems, especially when you send 2 members of staff to Ireland to install the system and Emperor chair!

The cover is laser cut for us along with the fan grills. Then a piece of frosted plexi is glued to it and lit up with an LED strip.

Pretty please? :D

Go on then :p

XTU: 1,445 marks
Cinebench: 1,281 cb
Super PI 32M: 6m59s
Heaven X: 6,155.505
3DMark11 Performance: 31,758
3DMark11 Extreme: 16,448
3DMark Fire Strike: 20,817
3DMark Fire Strike Extreme: 13,376

XTU:
I26DCDk.jpg
Click to enlarge

Cinebench:
auZcw9h.jpg
Click to enlarge

Super PI:
6X0NPp0.jpg

Heaven:
tzc0urq.jpg

3DMark11 P:
mP5ufCx.jpg

3DMark11 X:
hpyTOOl.jpg

3DMark Fire Strike:
B6Cskfn.jpg

3DMark Fire Strike Extreme:
z9Laiyp.jpg

Associate
The only thing I'd change - make the window bigggaaaa

They do have a bigger version, but there's not much going on to the right of the motherboard. You can see the res when looking straight on and any larger window would be looking at plain black. I couldn't get a picture straight on because you'd just get a reflection of my mug covering everything lol.

Agreed. At the risk of hijacking this thread, this is what the XL vs XXL window looks like for a similarly sized door (these ones are a bit larger):

BicquIXl.jpg

6Fvbuxnl.jpg

If you have a single reservoir in there, then the XL window is plenty enough.

Thanks for them benchmarks, the CPU is especially impressive.

Last edited:
Soldato
Awesome :) only 5k off my firestrike score :p

Any clues as to what clocks thats running? If I had to guess I'd say 2400c9 and 4.8 cpu. Pretty balls to wall for 24/7 but wanted to know what GPU clocks are.

Last edited:
Associate

We plastidipped the back of the bluray drive so there's not a huge silver box inside the case.

Sorry should have clarified I meant the front of the dvd drive that looks like brushed ally on the matt black case :)

Thanks for the performance tests its nice to see what sort of performance that type of money buys you :)

How many cards did you test before you got those guys? or is it only the ram and cpu that are cherry picked/binned?

You are a very talented builder I love the hidden tube rad, dont get me wrong its nice to have them featured at times but its nice to stealth things to

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Awesome :) only 5k off my firestrike score :p

Any clues as to what clocks thats running? If I had to guess I'd say 2400c9 and 4.8 cpu. Pretty balls to wall for 24/7 but wanted to know what GPU clocks are.

Good guess! The cards are at 1300MHz, can't remember the memory clocks off the top of my head.

Sorry should have clarified I meant the front of the dvd drive that looks like brushed ally on the matt black case :)

Thanks for the performance tests its nice to see what sort of performance that type of money buys you :)

How many cards did you test before you got those guys? or is it only the ram and cpu that are cherry picked/binned?

You are a very talented builder I love the hidden tube rad, dont get me wrong its nice to have them featured at times but its nice to stealth things to

Ah, sorry. I see what you mean, but that's the best drive we do and the customer felt the need to include it. It would make things easier and look much better if it wasn't there at all.

The cards are clocked at the maximum Titan Blacks can get to without going sub zero - only made possible through custom BIOSs and extreme cooling. There would've been about 100 CPUs tested and we went through 3 sets of binned RAM in this build before 8pack was happy with the timings.

That really is awesome... Not a colour scheme I'd have gone for but does truly look phenomenal!
Only criticism is that it desperately needs to be plumbed up with acrylic.

You're in luck. There will be 2 more build logs when I get back off holiday, one a different colour, and the other will be the first ever acrylic build from OcUK!!

are those results 24/7 figures??? if they are thats impressive, if not next time call me!! :D

Good Job on the build ;)

Yep, 24/7. I think there is also a little 5GHz balls to the wall overclock profile on there for temporary bench mark use. ;)

OcUK Staff
The clocks for those bench tests are all 24/7.

This CPU 4.8 2400 C10, 1300-1975 on the cards go. All fans 800rpm being controlled by the aquero totally silent power house. Zero load fans not moving at all!!!

I think if you check the Fire strike thread we all know who is the boss!!

Last edited:
Soldato
The clocks for those bench tests are all 24/7.

This CPU 4.8 2400 C10, 1300 on the cards go. All fans 800rpm being controlled by the aquero totally silent power house. Zero load fans not moving at all!!!

I think if you check the Fire strike thread we all know who is the boss!!

Then for 24/7 there excellent ;)

Yeah yeah we know your the boss!! :D what OS did you use for pi?? Must be a very efficient system for that score.

Its vantage i'm more interested in, still trying to knock your pesky 680 outta the way!! Not be long, chiller incoming, but still have to wait for this hot weather to subside.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Flat Win7 OS for all benches no tweaks for Pi at all. No Wazza just run. Memory is tuned in for solid eff 24/7.

Win8 would improve FS and FSX scores but I don't trust its reliability for testing.

Soldato
Here it is guys.. the moment you've all been waiting for..

It's finished!

And I'm just gonna let the pictures do the talking this time.

Enjoy! :D

ZEndHH7.jpg

jH8Hafg.jpg

l6cPvy7.jpg

Wf55fIc.jpg

xpfJ8eb.jpg

BeUJbSu.jpg

99bLwjt.jpg

ruBEkOq.jpg

zl2SCEW.jpg

A99a1Qj.jpg

V53miLL.jpg

DE56NlE.jpg

kPh12Dv.jpg

IIbEgxa.jpg

Vztbpi7.jpg

sIb2XDZ.jpg

yDqfchT.jpg

mBouDU2.jpg

p8Se5oo.jpg

VbZJG64.jpg

The customer asked 8pack to sign this one.

wONxL6k.jpg

BOyx7Zs.jpg

V48Q3WL.jpg
Rag it!

Time to pack the monster in it's own flight case
MeVBMmH.jpg

Lots of expanding foam bags needed in this huge case
qwYG9Un.jpg

PGygXM5.jpg

And finally the 8pack welcome pack that comes with all test results, user guides, and 8packs contact details for advice/support!
UWJcukZ.jpg

Hope you guys have enjoyed this build log! If you did, keep your eyes peeled for the next one that'll be coming in the next couple of weeks...

Also keep an eye on this thread for some bonus pictures of the customer's set up!

Awesome. :cool: If I win the lottery............

Look forward to the next build log. :)

Back
Top Bottom