** THE FIRST FREESYNC MONITOR ARRIVES AT OcUK!! BenQ XL2730Z **

Associate
Yeah, totally not surprised that AMD are slow to release the proper drivers for freesync. I have a 295X2 so I won't have to wait long hopefully for crossfire drivers since I won't be getting my monitor till the end of the month.

Soldato
I have a mini display port to display port cable coming tomorrow to test it fully.

At the moment only at 60hz at 1440p, over my previous BenQ XL2411T though the colours and build quality are far better. It feels like a premium product, I'm disappointed freesync is delayed, especially the further delay for crossfire users but this isn't really a monitor fault, it's AMDs.

Well you should have somehow expect that form AMD :) What have you done with the other monitor ? i have the same now and I am hesitating to upgrade as its a very very good monitor...

Yeah, totally not surprised that AMD are slow to release the proper drivers for freesync. I have a 295X2 so I won't have to wait long hopefully for crossfire drivers since I won't be getting my monitor till the end of the month.

I'll wait with this a bit to see how well it works...Or maybe wait all the way to December and get me a 4k one :)

Associate
Shame the 144hz is not working correctly. I am getting major flickering.

Yeah exactly the same for me. I've spent all evening researching this to no avail. I can set the refresh rate to 143hz no worries. As soon as I put it on 144hz crazy artifacts/flickering. I have a 290x going through a display port.

Man of Honour
Getting this tomorrow plus a 295x2. Can't wait, but sounds like there are teething troubles? Does it not work out of the box? A huge upgrade for me from my old Dell 2408...looks a lot thinner too!

Associate
Well as a monitor it works but the Freesync functionality won't be enabled until a new driver is released. That's scheduled for April for crossfire apparently.

Man of Honour
Ok, good to know. Even without Freesync it will be much better than my current monitor and it is good to know that it is on the way :)

Is that firmware or a catalyst driver?

Associate
A new catalyst driver from AMD. They are releasing one on the 19th of march that will enable Freesync for single cards so if you disable xfire on your 295x2 you'll at least be able to test it out then. Not ideal at all but better than nothing.

Associate
Mine arrived, yay!

It does look a bit washed out out-of-the-box. Try changing the colour balance to "Normal" from "Bluish", and changing the default "Gamma" setting of 2 to 3 or 4. I've been sat twiddling its settings and comparing the picture to my HDTV nearby and I've got it looking about as nice :)

The only flaw I don't seem to be able to get rid of is its reaction to sub-pixel anti-aliased text, it looks like Windows thinks its subpixels are X-flipped from how they really are. All this forum's "l"s are coming out purple :) Reducing the sharpness setting fixes that but makes it look all fuzzy, eww.

And I too get crazy flicker if I set it to 144Hz. It's fine at 120. I might try replacing the DisplayPort cable with something snake-oil-y like a Monster Cable. Just for academic purposes, you understand. ;)

Associate
The round thingy is very good as I like to use different settings depending on the game for example.

CSGO i like to play on a 24in 1080p so when i press number 3 it reduces to screen size.
All other games i like colours and 1440p so my number 1 is linked to that setup.

The 144hz flickers is/was an issue with the Asus ROG Swift too.

Back
Top Bottom