My new Dell 2405FPW - pictures & first impressions

Man of Honour
OP
they wont do it i dont think. Bare in mind OcUK offer great delivery service and then the TFT is backed by a 4 year on site warranty from Dell. Call the shop if you have any questions though since shop matters are not allowed on the forums im afraid

Associate
hi, any idea of international warantee on the dell 2405fpw? i don't want to buy it from ockers and later find out that it can't be fixed locally (malta, europe)

Associate
From what I've read Dell support can be a bit tricky if you're in a different country than the one your purchased in.

My replacement screen arrived yesterday unnanounced but I'm not complaining, the tech support guy I talked to yesterday said it would be another 4 working days :confused:

The manufacturing date is Sept 05 so it's a brand new one and I'm happy. The last one was a July 05 model. I've got it set up at home. I didn't get much time to play on it last night but I ran Civ 4 and HL2 at 1920x1200 and they both looked stunning.

Soldato
Baddass said:
i found these good for VGA:

Contrast = 60
Brightness = 5
Pixel Clock = 50
Phase = 14

on DVI i have brightness at 35, and contrast is fixed. I've turned gamma down a little to a level of 1.8 though in my graphics card

these colour settings seemed very popular across a few forums:

Red = 36 / Green = 33 / Blue = 32

:D thanks for that baddass, just put my brightness to 35 and things look much better, i had it set on 0 :o

my gfx drivers gamma is set to 0.97 not sure if thats what you mean

Associate
First post on the site.

Very nearly purchased a Samsung but was glad I read this thread first. My screen came today and was shocked at the size of it. Pixel free just need to mess about with the brightness now. :D

Associate
ive hooked my xbox up to it 2night to see want its like, and ive noticed that i am getting some fuzzy lines in some places with this?

Is there any settings that i can change to remove this?

Mud

Mud

Soldato
Are you using component? Theres some diagonal scanning on mine, video mode cleans this up somewhat and smooth makes it less apparent...fault of poor quality component I believe.

Back
Top Bottom