£200 to spend

Associate
Need a monitor for £200 or less. Will be playing a fair few games (Dual Core 3800+ with 6800 GS graphics card) so this is the main factor. A 19in TFT would be nice.

I am quite interesed in the Acer AL1916S or Acer AL1916W (MO-012-AC) though they do seem suspiciously cheap at these prices.

I will be most grateful for any suggestions.

Edit - The Samsung SM913N now looks very appealing.

Last edited:
Associate
Well the general feeling about the Acer AL1916W 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor is that it's a good solid monitor, I don't even think I've read any bad comments about this monitor either. I'm getting one myself in a month or two.

Caporegime
Hi, sorry to bump the thread back up...

Just wondering if theres any other choices for a 19" Lcd monitor? Anyone use the Acer recommended up top for gaming at all? Just wondering as ill be playing games a lot so a good response time is a definet...

My current Dell 19" Crt is on its way out i think :p All the colours are borked as if someones ran a magnet across it!...

Regards...

Associate
OP
It's time to order my monitor, but I notice the Acer only has an analogue input whereas the output of my graphics card is DVI.

Could anyone please link me to / give the product code of a suitable adaptor?

Thanks again

Associate
I'm not sure if OCUK stock the aforementioned adapter, did you not get one with the graphics card? I did with my 6800GS (mine has both VGA and DVI outputs though). I guess not if you're looking for somewhere to purchase one. Auction site?

Are you decided on the Acer AL1916W over the Samsung SM913N? I'm making the same decision at the moment but not sure if widescreen is the way to go, depends on how much vertical space is lost and whether it will scale as well as a 4:3 TFT at lower resolutions.

Back
Top Bottom