19" Acer AL1916W Widescreen Silver/Black

Permabanned
19" Acer AL1916W Widescreen Silver/Black 15DSub Monitor 1440x900 500:1 8ms £166.84 This includes VAT + delivery. Just found this 'somewhere' on the net. This price looks awesome for this TFT. Is this a very good TFT to buy? Would it play all current games, and what is it like for day to day pc work? Need quick answers as this deal is awesome! Ta

Permabanned
It is one of the best if 'NOT' the best budget (<£180) 19" widescreen monitors on planet Earth :p I have 2 of them and am VERY impressed by them considering how cheap they are :D

Permabanned
OP
What about ghosting in games and normal use? Is it evident. Is the monitor a great all round TFT? Looks too good to be true at that price. I know it is not DVI but that does not matter?

Permabanned
OP
I did see your review mate and it was very good. Bit undecided but the price is very good though. Not got a lot to spend on a new Monitor so have to choose wisely. Is it true that it has to be put on things to make it higher? I am 6ft 2 and usually my monitor just sits on the desk.

All i am interested in really is if the Picture is awesome, no dead pixels, no backlight bleed that stand out and that it runs games and apps superbly!! Not much to ask! :D

What is the height of the TFT from base to top?

Associate
I'm dead chuffed with mine, no problems with games (BF2 & halflife 2 anyway) and I do not have any dead pixels.

I'm 6'1 and don't have any issues with the screen height (although my chair is as low as it'll go) regarding size it's about 37cm from bottom of base to top of the monitor.

Can't really add anything that isn't covered by ^ that chaps review.

Permabanned
OP
Anyway, just received the TFT and it is awesome!! Absolutely stunning quality on the picture! So far, so good. I will post some pics tomorrow. :D

Associate
Sm0kin said:
I'm dead chuffed with mine, no problems with games (BF2 & halflife 2 anyway) and I do not have any dead pixels

is it ok it the helos or jets because ive got one and its very blurrly when flying fast along the ground

Man of Honour
guys, i've had to delete a lot of posts for talking about competitors and competitor pricing. please keep this discussion about the monitor itself :)

thanks

Permabanned
OP
Well guys, i play Battlfield 2 with this monitor and a host of other games. All i can say is that it is awesome!! The quality is superb. No ghosting etc etc. I have no problems with blurr etc. Really 100% happy i bought the Acer.

OcUK Staff
Baddass said:
guys, i've had to delete a lot of posts for talking about competitors and competitor pricing. please keep this discussion about the monitor itself :)

thanks

I would like to mirror this and those who have broken the rules know who they are. The next time those offenders break the rules again you lose your accounts, simple. :)

Permabanned
OP
Well, sorry if i stepped out of line! Didn't know i did. Anyway, i thoroughly recommend this TFT guys and i am a fussy git!! lol Got a couple more game to try it with but so far they all look awesome on it! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
pcfan said:
Well, sorry if i stepped out of line! Didn't know i did. Anyway, i thoroughly recommend this TFT guys and i am a fussy git!! lol Got a couple more game to try it with but so far they all look awesome on it! :D

I just mentioned they should do free ***, if thats a crime, i'm sorry. :eek:

Really looked at the Acer, but not sure if wide is worth it.

Only the same height as a 17" for a 19" WS TFT, it just seems to be paying a lot for what is really a small monitor.

I cant get away from the Viewsonic VX924 19, it just seems right up my street, ticks all the boxes, and for a middle price (my budget £170-£320)

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Well, having tried an ordinary 19'' TFT and a widescreen i much prefer the widescreen. Everything looks so much better! My mate has the 930bf and games don't look as pleasing on the eye as my widescreen. I never thought i would get a widescreen but i am sure glad i did.

Back
Top Bottom