• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x1800xt 256MB?

Associate
I know that the 512MB version of this card was released but what ever happend to the 256MB version? I've not seen any around and not seen any reviews on them either.

Were they any good or where they just really a higher clocked x1800xl? Oh and how much are they meant to be?

Well tey were basically a X1800XT with half the Vram. Thats it really same features etc but lacking in the ram department. The x1800xt is itself just a higher clocked X1800XL. (or the latter is a lower clocked X1800XT).

The couple 256mb X1800XT's I did see floating around were as expensive as the 512mb version. I havn't seen any lately though.

Hi there

Some places have them but they are in the £250 - £300 +VAT region which makes them very expensive for what they are, no cheaper than the 512MB version......

Yeah Gibbo mentioned it and there was interest but I assume he couldnt get the stocks in at a low enough price to have his £200 price point!
HE has the remaining x1800's at great prices so no one would take a 256 version at the same price! All he done was check on interest and never once did promise anything!

HI there

I got them in at the price point I needed chaps!!! :D :D

Connect3D ATI Radeon X1800 XT 256MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-044-CO)
C3D_X1800_RUBY.jpg

For the ultimate in performance gaming, Radeon® X1800 Series drives graphic performance to new heights with incredible speed, performance and intense 3D graphics. Offering mind-blowing graphics acceleration and high quality video playback, X1800 combines a radically new ultra-threaded core 3D architecture with ATI's revolutionary new AvivoTM video and display technology. Built for the future, the Radeon® X1800 is CrossFire™ Ready to deliver multi-GPU gaming performance that works with all games.

- Powered by ATI Radeon R520XT GPU running at 625MHz
- Based on 0.09 micron manufacturing process
- 16 ultra efficient extreme pipelines
- 256MB GDDR3 Memory running at 1500MHz
- 256-Bit lightning fast memory interface
- 8 Vertex Shaders/Geometry Pipelines
- Memory Bandwidth - 48GB/sec
- Fill Rate - 10.00 billion pixels/sec
- Vertex and Pixel Shader Version 3.0
- 10-bit Native Display Quality for future LCD technology
- ATI® Crossfire™ Ready (Crossfire/Master Edition card required)
- 3Dc+ Technology
- AVIVO Technology - H.264 Support
- Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0c Shader Model 3.0 support

***IN STOCK***

Price: £199.95 (£234.94 Including VAT at 17.5%)

There is only 1000 units available and stock is expected to sell extremely quickly at this price. You won't find cheaper anywhere else so don't miss out on this great opportunity!! :D

Nice one Gibbo,

Does anyone have an idea how these perform as i couldnt find a review. I would expect them to perform as well as a 512mb version at lower resolutions only losing out at high res AA etc.

This was great timing. I have just got a PCI-E board to use with my Pentium-M and was weighing up the GPU options. Was thinking about an X1800XL or a 7800GT as I am only going to be running at a max res of 1440x900, but then this offer appeared.

Seems to offer great performance for the money, so I have taken the plunge.

DuncanK said:
Nice one Gibbo,

Does anyone have an idea how these perform as i couldnt find a review. I would expect them to perform as well as a 512mb version at lower resolutions only losing out at high res AA etc.

Hi there

Performance wise at resolutions 1024x768 they tend to be 1-2fps quicker, dunno why it must be just the un-used slowing things down a tad on 512MB cards. At 1280x1024 a 512MB card can be anything upto 10fps quicker depending on the game and at 1920x1200 and higher 512MB cards can have approx 20fps advantage.

The fact is these X1800 XT slaughter the 7800 GT in everyway and cost the same. The only NVIDIA cards that can equal these and beat them in some instances for similar money are the Gainward 7800 GT 512MB BLISS and OcUK 7800 GTX 256MB. :)

wow! thought these were just cards that were on the spreadsheets but never actually available! Stonking value...easily in a class of its own at that price point :D

Last edited:
Hi there

Guess these are gonna be popular already sold over 10 and only been on the site a couple of hours. :D

Lots of good deals from here at the moment. :)

Bennah said:
Yea there is and keep them coming. :D Im just disappointed that I aint got the money to pick one up but Im going to recommend these cards to anyone thats on a tight 'ish' budget.

Yep please do as everywhere else I've looked is still trying to sell X1800 XL's and X1800 XT 256MB for a lot more money. OcUK is number one for high-end VGA. :)

Why buy a 7800 GT when for about the same price you can have a card that wallops it, and has much better IQ, thas a cracking price. :cool:

What happened to ATi being finished when the R520 was late eh, x1900's and now this. :D

Look like really good value cards.
Hmm, i upgraded to a X800GTO2 a few months ago, but if i can get the cash together this may be my next upgrade! :)

Thats typical, Just ordered the XL yesterday :rolleyes:
that was only because the XT had jumped back to £274 from £234.. :eek:

Apart from the speed side of things on the XL (yeah it can o/cto near XT probably) but is the cooler on the XT better? apart from the fact it puts the heat out the back?

WOW well done Gibbo, I honestly though you had given up hope of getting them! I dont know if anyone noticed but earlier the price for the card when it went up was £350 inc VAT! clearly a bad typo there :P now the price is right! And I must say unbelievable value :D

Oh yeah Gibbo will be right about it being 1-2fps faster than the 512mb version as this was common with many 128v256 versions of cards! This card will be ideal if you aint playing over 1028x1024 but as he has already stated it is faster on 1024x728

So really xt or gt?????? no brainer now! If you need an upgrade and were thinking GT get the XT NOW!

Great work Gibbo, I dont need one but well done!

jrodga2k5 said:
WOW well done Gibbo, I honestly though you had given up hope of getting them! I dont know if anyone noticed but earlier the price for the card when it went up was £350 inc VAT! clearly a bad typo there :P now the price is right! And I must say unbelievable value :D

Oh yeah Gibbo will be right about it being 1-2fps faster than the 512mb version as this was common with many 128v256 versions of cards! This card will be ideal if you aint playing over 1028x1024 but as he has already stated it is faster on 1024x728

So really xt or gt?????? no brainer now! If you need an upgrade and were thinking GT get the XT NOW!

Great work Gibbo, I dont need one but well done!

I had given up all hope and today the deal just literally landed for me completely out of the blue. It was a case of there is a 1000 available at xxx price, do you want them. I was like yup get them too us and with Connect3D been a UK company they arrived same day. :)

Got some fab deals on the site and hopefully more on the way. Be sure to keep an eye on the X1800, X1900 and 7800 sections. Also AGP users take note we have plenty stock of high-end AGP product. :)
Also some great deals on laptops, printers, speakers, memory and plenty more at the moment so keep an eye on the site and keep checking out the sections. :D

Back
Top Bottom