• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Conroe runs on i865 chipset

oooh nice to see they've moved on to mass production. can't wait to see some meaningful reviews/benchmarks of actual retail cpu's as opposed to the ES chips we've been seeing over at XS.

Thats defantly nice to see, I had a feeling that it would work on 955/975 chipsets and any other boards that can accept a 65nm dual core. The main reason they dont at the moment is because manufacturers wont update the bios untill conroe's mainstream.

Jimbo Mahoney said:
I don't think anyone is going to buy one based on the current news, but it's looking good.

what, i thought eveyone and theirs dogs were ready to jump cus 'it got the fast pi time ever OMG' etc etc...

Dreadi said:
what, i thought eveyone and theirs dogs were ready to jump cus 'it got the fast pi time ever OMG' etc etc...

no i think everyone can see that so far things look very good - so they are ready to jump IF this is still the case when it gets released and tested more rigorously ;)

Well I'm going to bite the bullet & move over to conroe ASAP, someones got to be the guinea pigs afterall. I wonder if they will run on present PSU's ??

I agree I coudnt give a monkeys about what pi they do 3dmark crap, as long as its 20% faster in games then thats a good sign! ;)

Jimbo Mahoney said:
:eek:

At 2.66 Ghz, that conroe gets double what my single core Opty gets @ 3Ghz :eek: (3DMark '06 CPU score)

:D

I'm looking forward to Conroe...

My 805 pwns your Opty :p

Gets 17xx can't remember what exactley though.

I wonder if Nvidia will support conroe...would be nice to see. Especially as my intel mobo is nforce 4 :D

Edit: Just ran it again and got 1756 CPU score

Last edited:
for comparison my old dothan @ 2.8 got 1222 in the cpu test... so i would expect with two cores it looks about right, a little lower than i expected if anything.

Dual core Xeon? Had one of them go through my work the otehr day :P Two of em actually, built em n all :D lol...theyre like, the same size as the MP processors. i think neways lol

Back
Top Bottom