Windows Live Messenger (MSN8) new release - official

Soldato
New one has just been officially released... well I just got the update.
Looking very nice, i'll send invitations if anyone wants?

Craig.

Soldato
Craig321 said:
New one has just been officially released... well I just got the update.
Looking very nice, i'll send invitations if anyone wants?

Craig.

Could you send one to one of my friends please? I would do it myself but the damn thing wont give me any invites :( Can I send you an email with the address in because she doesn't want it made public if that's okay?

Thanks

Ben

Soldato
Just updated after getting home this evening.

First impressions:

Dont like the default colour scheme.

EDIT: OMG - What have they done to the sound effects?

When you get a new message.. sounds like somebody farting in the bath.

Associate
anyone know where you get the program to customise it? Cant remember the name of the site from last time. Just need to get rid of all the stupid icons and adverts again.

Soldato
OP
Trigger said:
Could you send one to one of my friends please? I would do it myself but the damn thing wont give me any invites :( Can I send you an email with the address in because she doesn't want it made public if that's okay?

Thanks

Ben

Yep you can email me the address or add me to MSN so you can tell me it.

I'll need your MSN addresses I think - the hotmail/email address you use with MSN. Please confirm they're the address you use to sign in to MSN with - I don't wanna waste invites

Main window:
1146874441msn8new.jpg

and the chat window:
1146874638msn8newchat.jpg

I really like it :)

As you can see if you send more than one message in a row instead of it showing it as a whole new message it puts it on a new line which makes it nicer.

Also you can see they've made it more vista style now

Sounds are nice aswell, a nice change.

Also it'll obviously look worse in those pictures as I have blured out the text and blured some of the design by mistake aswell.

Gimpymoo said:
Just updated after getting home this evening.

First impressions:

Dont like the default colour scheme.

EDIT: OMG - What have they done to the sound effects?

When you get a new message.. sounds like somebody farting in the bath.

You must have heard super odd non-fart sounding farts then lol :p

Craig.

Last edited:
Soldato
Craig321 said:
I really like it :)

As you can see if you send more than one message in a row instead of it showing it as a whole new message it puts it on a new line which makes it nicer.

Craig.

If you dont like it (anyone) then you can goto

Tools -> Options -> Tick the box that says "Show "contact says:" before every message.

Back to normal *too me* looking MSN :D (In the sence of the says bit) lol

One thing that didnt work before was going on busy you still got the sounds (which I didnt think much 2), anyone know if they have sorted this? Or is this the way its going to be :( ... I disabled sounds in the end though!

Soldato
OP
DJ Binks said:

Tools -> Options -> Tick the box that says "Show "contact says:" before every message.

One thing that didnt work before was going on busy you still got the sounds (which I didnt think much 2), anyone know if they have sorted this? Or is this the way its going to be :( ... I disabled sounds in the end though!

Busy has always been fine for me, always worked perfectly (stopped nudges, stopped sounds, stopped orangey flashing when you get a message etc.

Soldato
Neolink said:
looks nice, could i get an invite please? mail in sig :)

Eeek, it seems it needs repeating: You don't need an invitation anymore! Just go to the site and press the signup button and everything will be fine.

Associate
DJ Binks said:

good tip, that was annoying me, especially for punchlines
to jokes :)

msn_prob.jpg

this is my one real annoyance though, the border around msn automatically disappers, this border has File Contact Actions Tools Help at the top.

this would be fine as it looks a lot better without the border BUT with the border you cant make it go right into the corner so the top and right sides touch the side of your screen. instead you have to live with this nasty gap.

really hope they fix this and at least give us an option to keep the border there at all times, im so used to whizzing my mouse to the top right to hit the cross to minimise msn.

Back
Top Bottom