• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What does this mean

Associate
OP
using the 84.21, and its a fresh install, is there something wrong with the 7900gt/gtx or am i the only one, thanks for your help.

Soldato
Try newer drivers (there are some "non-official" ones around, think it was 91.xx). Make sure you remove the existing ones properly first.

Associate
OP
chris06 said:
Whats the rest of your specs?

AMD fx60
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3500LL Pro TwinX
2x 7900GTX
2x 150GB Western Digital Raptor (Raid0)
1x 250GB Western Digital Caviar
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
FSP Sparkle FX700-GLN Epsilon 700W

Soldato
Cyber-Mav said:
you should reformat your machine. its very rare to see a faulty 7900 card.

im guessing this comment was sarcastic, seeing as lots of 7900 series cards are dying early deaths (especially the pre-overclocked ones)

Associate
Reading the past posts, some brands seem to suffer more than others. Not sure if it's because some manufacturers are more popular than others, and therefore sold more cards but XFX and Oc's own seem to be the main culprits. Asus, Leadtek & Gainward seem to be more resiliant if the posting on these boards is anything to go by.

Caporegime
Cyber-Mav said:
you should reformat your machine. its very rare to see a faulty 7900 card.

Blimey ive seen hundreds as its a problem with the voltage regulators on the 7900's or summit, least Nvidia came clean about it i suppose, and are fixing it for the next lot.

EDIT: I take it as sarcastic judging by your other comment. :confused: :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom