Police finally doing their jobs

Man of Honour
Its about time to see scum like this removed from the streets and severely dealt with.
Two such crime ridden stories have come to light.

Hopscotch Game Low-Level Crime in England

An innocent game of hopscotch has been described as a low-level crime by English police officers, after two girl's in the country's Midlands were told to clean up the game that they were playing on the street near their homes.

14-year-olds Georgina and Kayleigh said in a newspaper interview that "They said it made the street a mess and told us to clean it up." Police confirmed the reported incident, stating that hopscotch was anti-social behaviour.

The girls were spoken to about their game following a citizen complaint. In defence of their taking action against the girls, the police said they had been targeting a "low-level crime."

Three Halesowen Children Arrested for Tree Climbing

Three Halesowen children were taken into custody by police, locked up and had their DNA sampled for climbing a tree in hopes they could build a tree house. The children were all aged 12 and spent several hours in custody.

Police arrested the children based on complaints that children were stripping all the branches from the cherry tree. The children do admit that they did remove some branches, but did not think they were doing anything wrong.

Superintendent Stuart Johnson commented, "West Midlands Police deals robustly with anti-social behavior. By targeting what may seem relatively low-level crime we aim to prevent it developing into more serious matters."

Soldato
Since when did hopscotch and tree-climbing descend into more serious matters? What a joke. I loved (love :p) climbing trees, but I don't engage in anti-social behaviour...

daven1986 said:
lol, are these real?

Was going to say for sources yea...

Permabanned
I can remember when I got rerported for playing football in my street and this guy claimed the ball hit and damaged his car, it was a fly away :confused:

The police came and took statements and said we could play football in the street again.

Soldato
This police bashing at times gets incredibly boring. Grante there might be some reason at times, but most of the time it's just an excuse to have a go. What if there are details not being reported, or the story being twisted? The second story in particular smacks of being a bit odd, they could have been trackie-wearing scumbags actually climbing trees and stripping branches, what would you all say then? The police were called and came over and dealt with the problem, whether or not there was one.

Soldato
Oh for crying out loud, so kids can't do what kids do anymore ? I used to climb tree's whenI was a kid, was great fun. To be honest the police just have nothng better to do.

I remember when I was pulled over at 1am in the morning whilst coming home from seeing a mate for having squeaky wheel trims !!

Permabanned
Yep, I go to Halesowen college, I read it in local newspaper the other day. It doesn't suprise me one bit, there's tons of "community support officers" (fake cops with no power) and they are a total nuisance. Example. I was sat on a wall in the bus station smoking a cigarette, I dropped the butt in the bush behind me, the two old bags come over on a total power trip in a total bitchy voice, "Excuse me, pick that butt up now and put it in the bin." - "No." - "Do it now, do you know it's an offense to litter, it's people like you blah blah" They stood their wasting their time trying to get me to pick it up for about 10 minutes before I got up and caught a bus, in that time they threatened to get their colleagues to arrest me. Also they sit on the local busses to look out for people smoking cannabis/doing graffiti I assume. I get on with my pasty and sausage roll the one time right to eat on the way home, they start telling me I can't eat it on the bus, I'm like everyone does, I always do, no one cares, again I was threatened with being arrested. They're a joke. Hopefully they're not as incompetant all over the country as they are in Halesowen, the same people who were involved with the two cases the OP posted.

Soldato
I really don't think we've got the fully stories here.

Tbh, it's more than likely that both stories involve chav kids, and there's much more to it. I.e. story 1 - kids spraypainting the pavement; story 2 - kids breaking branches off a tree in someones back garden + drinking cider etc.

Man of Honour
OP
NickXX said:

Tbh, it's more than likely that both stories involve chav kids, and there's much more to it. I.e. story 1 - kids spraypainting the pavement; story 2 - kids breaking branches off a tree in someones back garden + drinking cider etc.

Don't you read posts?
Once again I'll post the links again if you can be bothered to read them -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...0&in_page_id=1766&in_page_id=1766&expand=true

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/5233262.stm

Soldato
dmpoole said:

...and there we go.

Lets face it, we all know the police aren't just going to take your DNA for climbing a tree. The police clearly though they were up to something else.

But then again, the kids "were described as well-behaved and placid by their parents" so maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Soldato
dmpoole said:
Don't be so patronising. I happen to agree (to some extent) with NickXX, I don't believe we have the full story. Call me naive but i trust that the majority of our police force are not cretins and are just like you or me, and wouldn't do something if they believed it unnecessary.

Permabanned
NickXX said:

I don't think so some how, I completely believe these stories to be true and as pathetic as they are from my first hand experience. They need to start enforcing real laws and catching real criminals. If you think it might be media sensationalism, read my previous post in my thread, a detailed account of amongst others two occurances of complete stupidity on the behalf of the Halesowen community support officers, they enforce laws that don't even exist and pester people minding their own business. They were going to arrest me if I eat on a bus... hmm.

Soldato
Violent-J said:
Yep, I go to Halesowen college, I read it in local newspaper the other day. It doesn't suprise me one bit, there's tons of "community support officers" (fake cops with no power) and they are a total nuisance. Example. I was sat on a wall in the bus station smoking a cigarette, I dropped the butt in the bush behind me, the two old bags come over on a total power trip in a total bitchy voice, "Excuse me, pick that butt up now and put it in the bin." - "No." - "Do it now, do you know it's an offense to litter, it's people like you blah blah" They stood their wasting their time trying to get me to pick it up for about 10 minutes before I got up and caught a bus, in that time they threatened to get their colleagues to arrest me. Also they sit on the local busses to look out for people smoking cannabis/doing graffiti I assume. I get on with my pasty and sausage roll the one time right to eat on the way home, they start telling me I can't eat it on the bus, I'm like everyone does, I always do, no one cares, again I was threatened with being arrested. They're a joke. Hopefully they're not as incompetant all over the country as they are in Halesowen, the same people who were involved with the two cases the OP posted.

Why dont you give them a chance, i can see why they asked you to clean up your cig butt as they look at dam sight sitting on the ground when they build up. And you say you where eating on the bus, what where you going to do with the container after you where done; leave it on the bus i bet.

Man of Honour
OP
El Gringo said:
Don't be so patronising. I happen to agree (to some extent) with NickXX, I don't believe we have the full story. Call me naive but i trust that the majority of our police force are not cretins and are just like you or me, and wouldn't do something if they believed it unnecessary.

Don't have a go at me, I think its about time these crimes were dealt with and I'm in full support and thats why I posted it.
I'm sick of kids causing mayhem wherever they go. Only tonight I looked out of the window and a lad had a ball and whats more he bounced it.

Soldato
Violent-J said:
I don't think so some how, I completely believe these stories to be true and as pathetic as they are from my first hand experience. They need to start enforcing real laws and catching real criminals. If you think it might be media sensationalism, read my previous post in my thread, a detailed account of amongst others two occurances of complete stupidity on the behalf of the Halesowen community support officers, they enforce laws that don't even exist and pester people minding their own business. They were going to arrest me if I eat on a bus... hmm.

Just read your last post - good on them tbh. You clearly have an attitude problem, and they were doing something about it.

Permabanned
dmpoole said:
Don't have a go at me, I think its about time these crimes were dealt with and I'm in full support and thats why I posted it.
I'm sick of kids causing mayhem wherever they go. Only tonight I looked out of the window and a lad had a ball and whats more he bounced it.

:eek: CALL THE COMMUNITY SUPPORT OFFICERS, THEY'LL ARREST THE SCUM!

At the end of the day my experience with the police has been fantastic, they also regularly patrol the town center but are not pathetic at all, if someones doing somet daft like play fighting they'll come over, politely ask them to calm down and have a bit of a laugh and a chat, that's good policing. The old bag community support officers on the other hand come diving in like something out of Baywatch, giving it the hero, the local high school finishes the same time as college, I was sat watching, some young lads probably 14 having a play fight, basically headlocks, the community support ladies come running over, dive in and break it up, tell people to stand back and disperse as if it's a major incident and tell the lads to walk away or else they'll get arrested. It is specifically the under trained big ego busy body fake cops who are the problem.

Commissario
I suspect (as others have) that there is much more to this than "kids having fun".

Call me cynical but I suspect that it's more a case of police asking the girls not to mark the hopskotch thingy on a busy pavement and getting a mouthful of abuse which would have made it a public order offence.
As to the kids climbing the tree, again there isnt' any background to it - had they already been asked/told not to do it, was it on private propery, did they damage it, and if so how badly? (criminal damage is a possibility, and unlike a car you can't simply spraypaint/patch up a badly damaged tree).

Soldato
They're acting on complaints. To you they might not be serious, but someone obviously thought it was important enough to phone the police. You'd be the first to whinge and whine if you called the police about something you thought was important and they didn't do anything about it.

Back
Top Bottom