• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7600GT AGP

Associate
Hi folks

RE: 7600GT AGP

I saw a thread here recently about this card arriving at OcUK in a couple of weeks. On the graphics page though, the card shown for pre-order is the much lower specced 7600GS. This card appears to only offer a slight performance boost over the 6600GT, whereas the GT version will be closer to mid / high end performance.

Can anyone confirm that it is the full 7600GT AGP version that will soon also be available?

Associate
OP
I think that the stock specs of the AGP version will be the same as the PCIE version, for once :)

Just want to know if this specific card is coming here.

Associate
OP
This was my question. Gibbo (is this right?) said the GT would be available in two weeks. With the GS currently showing as pre-order, I just wanted to clarify that he was in fact referring to the GT being available as well.

Associate
OP
ACESHIGH said:
The 7600GT sits somewhere between the 6800GT & 6800Ultra in performance.

The 7600GS is margianlly quicker than the 6600GT.

Have you seen benchmarks? I've looked for info but can find nothing.

Associate
i posted the original thread, and from *** i have read up the agp version will be just as fast as a pcie version. Which if you look at benchmarks for it is faster then a 6800ultra + it is also next a next gen gpu as its a 7 series.So expect it to rate as much as the pcie version and with a little overclocking it will mak a very good card. Price in the states converted at this moments is £115 + £25 post and pack for the leadtek version, so for that sort of money its will save me having to go the pcie route yet as my setup is still capable but my grpix card lets me down, so i will be ordering 1 as soon as ocuk get them in as it will see me out for what i need it for, world of warcraft, guild wars.bf2 are mostley what i play so ill be happy with 1 .

Associate
just done some heavy reasearch into the 7600gt pci-e version of course and to my surprise it is only 10-20% slower then a 7800gt, so if it keeps that speed in the agp variety then i will be a happy bunny and so will a lot of other ppl also, saves having to change to pci-e then :)

Associate
OP
stuartbat said:
Price in the states converted at this moments is £115 + £25 post and pack for the leadtek version

Pre order price for the BFG GS version on this site is £111.57 (inc vat), so won't the GT likely be somewhat higher than that?

Man of Honour
Just read a couple of reviews and it seems that the PCI-E version is quite a bit faster than both an x850xt and even a clocked up 6800GS. It just below the performance of an x1800gto but of course it costs about £40 less aswell.

I can't link due to competitors but have a looky around and it's easy enough to find :)

Associate
OP
I still cannot find any info on these cards in the UK.

Any more news concerning the possibility of them coming to OcUK??

Soldato
7600gt whoops a 6800ultra. its all over the web, loads of reviews to look at and they all say the same thing.

stock a 6800u scores around 5k in 3dm05 and 7600gt scores 6k stock.

Soldato
Whatever the 7600GT PCIE scores, isnt necessarly what the AGP version will score, Nvidia have been known to call things the same, but then have different specs (the AGP 6800GS for example) Im guessing it wont be quite as quick as the PCIe 7600GT.

Back
Top Bottom